Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Energy In House

Options
  • 18-08-2009 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys, dunno if I'm the right forum here, feel free to move it mods.

So I just moved back into my grandparents house and I'm starting to feel very sick etc all the time
    Sometimes In my room I feel suffocated, I'm always tired no matter how much I sleep and I have no energy or motivation. I seem to be having bizzare nightmares every night and can't sleep until around 5 in the morning. I felt this way before I moved out but I thouht it was just nerves during my Leaving Cert.

At first I thought it was just me then my OH told me he always feels really sick in my house too, headaches and stomach aches that get better the minute he gets home.

I'm just wondering is it possible if tehre is a bad spirit or energy in the house. I'll give you some house history...
    My mam died in the room below me last year it was unexpected.My great grandmother and grandfather both from heart attack aswell as my nannies 3 year old brother from measles.
    My great grandmother was beaten and abused by her 2nd husband who died in his sleep in my room. he was an evil man, and the only one that died wher I sleep.

Any help is appreciated...Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I would suggest start by airing the house out and giving a proper cleaning and dusting and checking that it's well ventilated and going from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

Thaedydal wrote: »
    I wousl suggest start by airing the house out and giving a proper cleaning and dusting and checking that it's well ventilated and going from there.
    Hey,
    I did that yesterday
    Hoovered out all the wardrobes, cleaned out everything, have a vent up in the corner....Where can I go from there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

It's more than likely that you just have bad memories of the place seeing as what has happened there. I mean having your mum die in the room beneath you is probably not the easiest thing to forget. I suugest it's your mind and how it associates the place with past events and how these events made you feel at the time.

I know i get bad feeling when i visit my grandmother because my granddad died a slow death there and i saw him wither away as a child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I'd say light a candle and play some music and just try and be happy in the space fill it full of good vibes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Is the house serviced by Gas, if it does when was it last checked? Are you sure it's not Carbon Monoxide poisioning? If your OH is feeling physically sick as well it would suggest it might not be a case of purely spiritual matters.

Is there mildew or moss growing anywhere in the house?

There are plenty of ways a building can make you feel ill before you start thinking about the spiritual realm. (see link)

http://www2.vhi.ie/topic/sbs

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

The energy in some places can make me ill, but as I said in paranormal, and others have said here, rule out everything else first. No point burning sage if the place is full of damp or radon gas. :)

Once youve solved any material problems, Thaedydal has already mentioned how to counteract a bad 'vibe'. Bring music, colour and life into the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

Is there anything I can get myeslf thats not too expensive to look for carbon monoxide

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

The direction that the house is orientated can have a strong influence on the wellbeing of the dwellers.

East entrance is the best. South entrance is the worst.

http://www.sthapatyaveda.com/

There is some scientific research but limited at the moment.

Could write more about it in the morning. Need to sleep soon

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

You can get alarms like smoke alarms for carbon monoxide, but i dont know the cost of em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

DigiGal wrote: »
    Is there anything I can get myeslf thats not too expensive to look for carbon monoxide

http://www.dublinchimneysweep.com/co_detector_17.html#

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

It's purely anecdotal, but I know a lot of people (including myself) who are having trouble sleeping this Summer, probably partly due to the weather.

If you're new to the place, and you have a psychological history with the house, then that'll probably compound things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭bangersandmash

YFlyer wrote: »
    The direction that the house is orientated can have a strong influence on the wellbeing of the dwellers.

East entrance is the best. South entrance is the worst.

http://www.sthapatyaveda.com/

There is some scientific research but limited at the moment.
    I'd be interested in seeing some of this "scientific research" as it sounds like complete hogwash to me.

The only proven effect that the orientation of a house will have on your property is in relation to the sunlight that it will receive. I wouldn't disagree that this might have some influence on the well-being of the dwellers, but the ideal orientation is going to entirely depend upon what hemisphere you reside in. South-facing is preferable (usually for a back garden) for the northern hemisphere, north-facing for the southern hemisphere. Sounds unlikely that this is the problem that the OP is concerned with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Sandy2004

I read a book a while ago..

Healing Negative Energies: Simple Steps to Improve the Energy of Your Home and Workplace (Paperback)
    by Anne Jones (Author)

great read.. maybe borrow a copy in your local library...?

Personally, Id smudge or cleanse the whole house.. it should cleanse away all negative energies.. you have to do everywhere - cupboards in all...

if dat doesnt work, like what everyone else said - id check appliances...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭ZWEI_VIER_ZWEI

Sandy2004 wrote: »
    I read a book a while ago..

Healing Negative Energies: Simple Steps to Improve the Energy of Your Home and Workplace (Paperback)
    by Anne Jones (Author)

great read.. maybe borrow a copy in your local library...?

Personally, Id smudge or cleanse the whole house.. it should cleanse away all negative energies.. you have to do everywhere - cupboards in all...

if dat doesnt work, like what everyone else said - id check appliances...........

This will definitely work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭johnl

I'd be interested in seeing some of this "scientific research" as it sounds like complete hogwash to me.
    This kind of thing really isn't on. If you want to bash spirituality, do it outside this forum. Take your science elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭johnl

johnl wrote: »
    This kind of thing really isn't on. If you want to bash spirituality, do it outside this forum. Take your science elsewhere.

Just to clarify, I was only triying to help out the mods. 'Spirituality' is actually just a euphemism used by the feeble-minded for superstition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

My girlfriend was convinced there was something in the house with her, her ma even went as far as to get a priest in to get the place blessed. Sounds extreme, but the heavy oppressive air and the headaches she'd been having disappeared immediately. Worth a consideration, if nothing else.

Advertisement