Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Nuvi 2xx series -coordinates of present location

Options
  • 18-08-2009 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this is old news to you - but I have just "discovered" how to get the coordinates of current location - maybe ya'all knew this? When I want to note down an interesting location it bugged me that the coordinates were not displayed (unlike folks with fancier Garmins who have a "Where Am I?" button)

Go to "Where To", scroll down to "Coordinates" - and what is in the boxes is your present location! If you move about the display will not update until you back out and hit Coordinates again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

For more detailed information hold your finger on the signal strength bars in the top left corner for a few seconds. This brings up live location information as well as displaying the satellites that the unit can 'see', as well as elevation and accuracy data.

I was surprised to hear your 200 series has no 'Where am I?' tool as my 200W has. However according to the Garmin site, and the manual, it isn't supposed to have it.

Advertisement