Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vodafone mobile broadband

Options
  • 18-08-2009 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

ok just back to work today and seen that the postie left some of my post at work instead of dropping it back to my house, anyways one of the bills im after opening this second is from vodafone broadband,

I signed up to that 19 euro a month offer they had so i thought 19 a month even if it dosen't work that great (live in an area with crap broadband coverage)ill get it, give it a go. So signed up to direct debit and used it while on my holidays, now the service is fierce bad but i knew it would be so have to live with that.

Thought everything was gone through direct debit and everything till i opened this bill.

it says total for this invoice 19.98
    other account charges and credit
    invoice 9 july (i didn't sign up to vodafone till the 3 july) 23.31

Direct debit 30 July cr 23.31
    Reject DD 7August 23.31
    Total Due €43.31 Now i cannot for the life of me figure this out. There is no reason int he world that the direct debit didnt go through i got paid the 28 July so there was certainly money in the accont. Anyone have anything similar happen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Firstly, the bill should contain a breakdown of charges.

Secondly, have you contacted Vodafone's billing department to ask them about the charges and the rejected d/d?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Possedion

if its like o2, they charge you a month in advance for parts of service. your next bill should be at 19 EUR.
    if you have really bad service you can always get rid of them.
    after all its meant to be broadband and not GPRS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭suimhneas

can i really get rid of them? thought since i had signed up for a year it was my bad for getting it before they provide a proper service in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Possedion

if you are getting no Broadband coverage then its no good. You could always say that it was ok while you were at a certain location, but now you have no service. they have to be reasonable as well. it might be one to ask comreg.

Advertisement