Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supernatural Goings on in Laghey?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

He was a kid asleep in the backseat of his parent's car as they were driving home late one night (toward Donegal Town). All of a sudden he woke, sat straight up & screamed something like "watch out for that person." His parents said "what?" & then his dad slammed on the brakes. There was - apparently - some figure (I think a man?) standing in the middle of the road, right in front of the car. A car coming from the other direction also slammed on their brakes. Then the figure just disappeared.

He also used to go to a boarding school that had loads of stories, but one night everyone in his room suddenly stopped, stared & simulatenously freaked after seeing a woman's image walk through the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭mugbags

If you look on ordinance survey maps, any childrens graveyards or 'ceallurach' will be marked, there are a huge number of them in my area so it's possible that you could have been close to one too....apooooooookkky, I love this kinda thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Ohh this threads great. With all the ghostly goings on perhap Laghey is actually the Hellmouth. If so these guys should sort it out..... :pac:
    buffy_the_vampire_slayer_cast_01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭mugbags

He also used to go to a boarding school that had loads of stories, but one night everyone in his room suddenly stopped, stared & simulatenously freaked after seeing a woman's image walk through the room.[/QUOTE]

Royal and Prior boarding house in Raphoe by any chance??? The mysterious white lady???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

this is a photo taken by the owner of the profile 'Laghey Hauntings' on Facebook last week on a ghost hunting mission near Laghey.. check out the bottom left window :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

this is a photo taken by the owner of the profile 'Laghey Hauntings' on Facebook last week on a ghost hunting mission near Laghey.. check out the bottom left window :eek:
    Where is that building?

it is out the Old Laghey Road, near Tullyleague if you know the road.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

it is out the Old Laghey Road, near Tullyleague if you know the road.
    I know the road, but not of that building (not that I've actively looked), unless it's the one that can be seen from a distance more or less halfway between Donegal and Laghey (I think it's one of the McElhinney's that built a new house near it).

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Conbhar

I know of a story about the Gap. The tale goes that a man was driving through the gap towards donegal town when he seen a guy thumbing a lift. So he stopped and asked the guy where he was heading and the man said donegal town. The man got into the car and sat in the back seat and they made their way to donegal. The man didnt speak a word to the driver until they approached a really bad corner on a bridge beside a two storey house(this was the old road and it was rite next to the old barnesmore school) He tapped the driver on the shoulder and asked him to slow down please because this is where i died. The driver slammed on the brakes and looked into the back of the car but there was no1 there. It freaks the **** outa me even tellin this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Conbhar wrote: »
    I know of a story about the Gap. The tale goes that a man was driving through the gap towards donegal town when he seen a guy thumbing a lift. So he stopped and asked the guy where he was heading and the man said donegal town. The man got into the car and sat in the back seat and they made their way to donegal. The man didnt speak a word to the driver until they approached a really bad corner on a bridge beside a two storey house(this was the old road and it was rite next to the old barnesmore school) He tapped the driver on the shoulder and asked him to slow down please because this is where i died. The driver slammed on the brakes and looked into the back of the car but there was no1 there. It freaks the **** outa me even tellin this!

Heard that aswell, it's a common story I've heard from about other areas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

mugbags wrote: »
    Royal and Prior boarding house in Raphoe by any chance??? The mysterious white lady???

Well, you didn't hear it from me...

(but yeah, that's the one)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Conbhar wrote: »
    I've heard lots of different versions of this guy in the gap. Its always fun to listen to as well as fun to tell!

I know a guy who pretended to be the ghost a couple of times; as he was getting out of the car after a night's drinking in Donegal Town he would say.. 'let me out, this is where I died'
    bit of an ejit, but true apparently :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I remember walking home on a lovely bright, snowy night at about 2 AM and going past a so called "haunted house" which was a couple of hundred yards back from the road but surrounded by loads of trees and bushes - what we called a planting or plantin. There were loads of local stories about various ghosts, hauntings, sightings in and around the property and I was always a little weary every time I walked this stretch of road at night.

The property was on the other side of the road from me and I heard a rattle in the hedge and looked over and saw a big white face and 2 red eyes staring through the hedge at me and I wont deny it........the hair was standing on the back of my neck.

I have no idea what possessed me (pardon the pun) but I felt compelled to cross the road and get a closer look at this "evil" that was staring at me. When I was about 5 feet from it the white face give a quick movement and the hedge made a noise and in the moonlight I could see that it was......................a bloody big white faced bullock that had broken into the planting and was eating the hedge as there was no grass to eat in the fields because of the snow.

I was so relieved I could have kissed it but then I would have been accused of animal cruelty.

True story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 seasidelover

love it, live not too far from it either. mus give it a wee look into

• Registered Users Posts: 33,628 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Don't believe in ghosts myself, so take all these stories with a large pinch of salt.

I know this thread is old - but nevermind the bottom left window, take a look at the one above the door!
    I know it's a reflection of trees, but from the right angle, it looks like a very large face, with something like an ape on it's shoulder!:D:D

This is what we call a "ghost thread" given the time that has passed since the first post :pac:

muffler wrote: »
    This is what we call a "ghost thread" given the time that has passed since the first post :pac:

Aye, it came back from the dead.:D:D

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)

Times when old threads are being reported I see various reasons used by the people who report them and some of the reasons include....

zombie thread

grave digging old thread

Thread resurrection

etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Katsumoto47

I grew up there. Had to get my room blessed by a priest about 20 years ago because there was a constant feeling of evil in the room I slept in.

Few people who slept house all felt it. House is over 120 years old

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

Most of the ghosts are probably all the ones steaming leaving Carlings/dew drop inn at silly o'clock in the morning. Jokes aside I've often stayed in a Laghey a few times and found the place to be very eerie and strange, its just that feeling you get when someone is watching you.

Advertisement