Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Round.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Monkey09 wrote: »
    What im trying to say is if places in Trinity and UCD are not filled in Round 1...mORE THAN LIKELY THE STUDENT WHO WERE OFFERED gALWAY WILL ACCEPT THOSE PLACES in the 2nd round and student who were not offered medicine the first time round at all will then be offered it...
    I know a number of students whom this has happened to! I am 100 per cent sure this is what happens! I know my facts!
    Ok, so what you are trying to say is ...

... some people may have gotten UCD or Trinity Med in Round 1, but will not accept it.
    ... some people who have gotten a lower preference on their CAO, say Galway or RCSI, may have had UCD or Trinity as a higher preference, and will be offered one of these vacant places in Round 2
    ... if they accept them, this will open vacant places in Galway or RCSI in Round 3

I have no problem with that logic. I suspect the numbers involved would be quite small, but it certainly could happen, and I imagine it sometimes does.

That is not at all what came across in your first post on the subject though.

Perhaps less CAPITALS (which by the way is often considered the internet equivalent to shouting) and exclamation marks, and try to make your point more clearly the first time?
    Also, it is normal that more or less everyone accepts their first offer...I have done this myself actually (even though, i have little or no intention of doing this course!) Every expert will advise you to accept your first offer even if it is not what you really want! This way, when round 2 starts, you may be offered some other course which is higher in your order of preferece but if you are not offered any other course in round 2, you will still have what was offered to you in Round 1..In other words, you won't be in the situation that you will be left with nothing! You should only ignore your round 1 offer if you are full sure you will not be doing it...
    Em ... exactly where did I suggest otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Monkey09

Ok, so what you are trying to say is ...

... some people may have gotten UCD or Trinity Med in Round 1, but will not accept it.
    ... some people who have gotten a lower preference on their CAO, say Galway or RCSI, may have had UCD or Trinity as a higher preference, and will be offered one of these vacant places in Round 2
    ... if they accept them, this will open vacant places in Galway or RCSI in Round 3

I have no problem with that logic. I suspect the numbers involved would be quite small, but it certainly could happen, and I imagine it sometimes does.

That is not at all what came across in your first post on the subject though.

Perhaps less CAPITALS (which by the way is often considered the internet equivalent to shouting) and exclamation marks, and try to make your point more clearly the first time?

Em ... exactly where did I suggest otherwise?

That's not exactly what i was sayin, but hey, you're close enough, i guess..Ive given up tryin to explain now...
    Also, i was writting in capitals purely in error (we're all human, right?)..By no means, was i 'shouting'..It was late and i just wasn't bothered to go all the way back and correct it...At the end of the day i was simply trying to help you by giving you my own opinions/advice/experience i have had..Thrust me, by replying to your comments and questions, i had nothing at all to gain and i really thaught you might be grateful and appreciative of the help, regardless of weather you found it helpful or not...I didnt realise that my use of certain punctuation marks and the use of capital letters would cause you so much offence..
    If this is the kind of rude and arrogant person you are, maybe you shouldn't be a doctor at all...I certanly wouldn't want the medical proffession to be full of arrogant, stuck-up and unappreciative people, such as yourself..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Thrust me

Ok, bend over then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

That's not exactly what i was sayin, but hey, you're close enough, i guess..Ive given up tryin to explain now...
    Also, i was writting in capitals purely in error (we're all human, right?)..By no means, was i 'shouting'..It was late and i just wasn't bothered to go all the way back and correct it...At the end of the day i was simply trying to help you by giving you my own opinions/advice/experience i have had..Thrust me, by replying to your comments and questions, i had nothing at all to gain and i really thaught you might be grateful and appreciative of the help, regardless of weather you found it helpful or not...I didnt realise that my use of certain punctuation marks and the use of capital letters would cause you so much offence..
    If this is the kind of rude and arrogant person you are, maybe you shouldn't be a doctor at all...I certanly wouldn't want the medical proffession to be full of arrogant, stuck-up and unappreciative people, such as yourself..

Calm down, Randy isn't trying to get into medicine, he was just trying to clarify your posts for the people that are.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Thrust me, by replying to your comments and questions, i had nothing at all to gain and i really thaught you might be grateful and appreciative of the help, regardless of weather you found it helpful or not...I didnt realise that my use of certain punctuation marks and the use of capital letters would cause you so much offence..
    Good lord, you really have a short fuse, don't you?!!

Funny, I didn't really think I was famed on Boards (or elsewhere) for being rude, arrogant and stuck-up! :o

And as Piste pointed out, I'm not trying to get into med or indeed into college at all ... been there, done that, bought the t-shirt!

What I was trying to do was understand what you were saying, clarify it and ensure that other users of this forum were not deriving inaccurate ideas from it ... which is part of the role of the mods of this forum like Piste and myself.

That's all.

No-one is out to get you!

When you get a chance, you might have a look at the Board.ie FAQs, they might give you a better sense of how this place is meant to work and why sometimes somebody might challenge something you say without intending to attack you personally.

• Advertisement
Advertisement