Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

christening gift

Options
  • 18-08-2009 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭

I didn't really know which forum to ask this in, but I was wondering is it expected to bring a gift to a christening?

I've already got the parents a decent gift, so I wasn't going to give anything else, but maybe a bottle of champagne??

I've never been to a christening before :o:confused:

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It tends to be a keep sake for them and/or the baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Dfens

A photo (B/W if you can) from the christening of the parents & new baby in a nice frame is a lovely gift and quite easy to do if you own a digital camera.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

No unless you are a god parent no additional gift is expected at the christening.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Nope, not a godparent, but the momma is a close relative of mine.

The photo sounds nice though. Might bring my SLR and try to get a good shot.

Cheers for replies. :)

Advertisement