Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forward-facing car seats- what is the best?

Options
  • 18-08-2009 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

HI

we need to buy a forward facing car seat for our 9month old and was wondering what one is the best. My car doesn't have the isofix mountings so that kind is out. we were looking at the maxi cosi axiss, the tobi and the priori but cannot decide- any feed back is appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

hi, i got one for our little man that was a booster seat with a back on it, so can be used as a booster seat seperately, but i DON'T reccomend it. it was so unsafe, i think you need and all in one seat and back,. go for one with a 5 point harness as apposed to 3 so they are snugly fitted in. i ended up buying a new car seat within a month because i felt so uneasy with the one we got and i got it in argos for only 70euro and it's perfect. money was an issue at the time so i got the guy in argos to take it down along with a more expensive car seat so i could see the difference and the one we got is perfect. i think the name on it may be graco, il check it out tomorro and get back to you but the moral i learnt is you don't need to get the more expensive one like i almost did because you can pay up to 250 quid and the one we have is perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭flanree

We've had a maxicosi Tobi for about a year now with no isofix used. Its great I highly recommend it. we switch it between 2 cars and you can fit and remove it very easily. Its easy to tighten and loosen the baby straps and you can tilt it back for them to sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I have this!

Well... two of them actually... forward and rear facing so can be used from birth to 4 years approx... side impact protection... no isofix... comes in pink or black and red. Really sturdy car seat... reclines... Recommend it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

mines the same as adrienne, see my above post :) really is amazin for the price especially

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Had the Maxi Cosi Tobi myself, the non-Isofix one. Great car seat, my wee girl who's 3.5 is still in it (admittedly not for much longer) but it's a great seat, easy to move from one car to another, has a guide to tell you when your child is strapped in tight enough etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement