Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ranting and raving forum

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ghetto Cornetto

Took me a few posts to get my head around the concept but it's all good now.

While there are some incredibly infuriating threads made on it, there are also some awesome ones. I've had many a laugh knowing I'm not the only one who has so many little niggling hatreds.

I still think that the moderation is far too heavy handed though. Got myself a nice little ban for pointing out all the bans... wtf... :rolleyes:

&-E wrote: »
    Got myself a nice little ban for pointing out all the bans... wtf... :rolleyes:

Sounds about right. What forums would allow such an action?

Forums which contain members who recognise over-moderation as a deterrent for new users. I had barely arrived, and didn't see it as "questioning moderation", merely acknowledging it. It was a savage welcome. :D

Sure no biggie, just my two cents in the big aul swear jar of the internets. Got me head around the charter anyway. :pac:

Weird, I dont see any record of you being banned. Woul you mind PMing me the details?

• Advertisement

Sure man, sent away there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

i got banned with from there after disagreeing with some bloke who started ranting about smokers this and that..

i didnt read the charter, but his post really infuriated me! i self requested a permanent ban from there cause i dont think i could handle such posts in the future

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

nuxxx wrote: »
    i got banned with from there after disagreeing with some bloke who started ranting about smokers this and that..

i didnt read the charter, but his post really infuriated me! i self requested a permanent ban from there cause i dont think i could handle such posts in the future

Goddamned non-smokers.

nuxxx wrote: »

Heh, I know what you mean. It really is an act of will not to respond to some of those people!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

the title of the forum is a little misleading, not so much ranting and raving as it is whinging like little girls. it should probably be called the whiney bitch forum. yeah that sounds about right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

longshanks wrote: »
    the title of the forum is a little misleading, not so much ranting and raving as it is whinging like little girls. it should probably be called the whiney bitch forum. yeah that sounds about right.

The whiney bitch forum is going to be the name of the forum for people who bitch and moan about the ranting and raving forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Ponster wrote: »
    Nope. R&R is a forum that goes against the whole idea of what Boards.ie is *suppose* to be.

So what?

There are dozens & dozens of other forums and hundreds & hundreds of threads on Boards.ie that you or anyone else can go and have a chat or disagree with the subject of the post.

R&R is just a tiny little corner with a dedicated following of happy moaners. Leave us alone.

As so many others have already said, if you don't like R&R....just ignore it, simple.

R&R is a great place not only to vent your spleen at the world or for finding out that you are not alone in your obscure rant and there are other kindred spirits out there who share your pain. Which can be nice to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I think it's one thing when people rant and rave about txt spkrs and bad spellers, ignorant shop assistants, banklink machine hoggers and other stuff like that, but some of the rants get offensive and sexist.

Women drivers: locked (sexism)

Men in Sandals: still open (sexist?)

Men who wear sandals are ****, have homosexual tendencies and should be banned, apparently.*

Some people don't need to rant and rave; they need counselling. If you have problems with people's feet and footwear seek counselling.

*Yes, it was reported.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Some people don't need to rant and rave; they need counselling. If you have problems with people's feet and footwear seek counselling.

Yeah sure. But at the same time Ugg boots and crocs.

Relax lads. No matter how infuriating it gets, the fact of the matter is these are opinions held by people every day all over the world. R&R just happens to be one little spot on the internet where people vocalise those opinions. Don't take it to heart, it will impact your life in no way whatsoever.

internet_serious_business4.jpg

Pherekydes wrote: »
    I think it's one thing when people rant and rave about txt spkrs and bad spellers, ignorant shop assistants, banklink machine hoggers and other stuff like that, but some of the rants get offensive and sexist.

Women drivers: locked (sexism)

Men in Sandals: still open (sexist?)

Men who wear sandals are ****, have homosexual tendencies and should be banned, apparently.*

*Yes, it was reported.

The women drivers 'rant' (which consisted of 3 words) wasn't approved because:
    1) It breaches the charter in making a sweeping generalization about women
    2) Was not a proper rant

The sandals thread is light hearted, a proper rant and in the spirit of the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Galvasean wrote: »
    The women drivers 'rant' (which consisted of 3 words) wasn't approved because:
    1) It breaches the charter in making a sweeping generalization about women
    2) Was not a proper rant

The sandals thread is light hearted, a proper rant and in the spirit of the forum.

Exactly. Womens one is about all women. Mens one is about some men who wear sandals.

Advertisement