Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mini HD Camcorder From USA

Options
  • 18-08-2009 2:50pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭

guys,

im currently looking for a mini HD camcorder for light use while out with friends, at parties etc etc

currently looking at the toshina S11 or similar style and priced camcorder on Pixmania, but my question is would i be better off buying in New York when i go there in December?

i know the price will probably be cheaper in the states but im worried about the power supply for charging etc etc

i bought 2 ipods there over the last few years and im grand with them, so i just want to make sure i dont blow the thing up with the whole 220v V's 110v differences.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Homer

All camcorders and cameras bought from the states would have a dual voltage mains charger.
    You would just need either to replace the mains lead

Fig mains lead

or use a plug adaptor.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Homer wrote: »
    All camcorders and cameras bought from the states would have a dual voltage mains charger.
    You would just need either to replace the mains lead

Fig mains lead

or use a plug adaptor.

thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

USA use a different tv system. They use NTSC we use PAL. On some tvs it will come out black and white

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭phonypony

Pixmania. Be careful...

In terms of NY, be sure to check out B&H, I've picked up some great deals from them, especially when the dollar gets weak. They offer a good range of PAL stuff too. And the store is definately worth a visit even if you don't buy anything. Google them, great website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 dr shami

you should

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Bob Z wrote: »
    USA use a different tv system. They use NTSC we use PAL. On some tvs it will come out black and white

will that make much a difference if the camcorder is recording onto SD card?

ie. will it come out of the SD card in black and white?

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

You will have a lot of headaches editing if the camera is NTSC. The difference is that the frame rate is 30 per second and here is 25. however most dvd players will play these no problem.

The footage will play on the pc fine (it plays all frame rates ) when you burn to dvd and play in an old dvd player on a crt you may have problems.

if can get a pal version and it is good value, go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

When you make a dvd there is an option on dvd authoring programs to turn the finished DVD into PAL so if you are planning on making all your footage into dvds you wont have any problem.

However it might take a bit longer to encode and thier might be loss of quality

Advertisement