Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Receiving calls from own mobile number

• 18-08-2009 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

I've noticed a few missed calls from a version of my own mobile number recently. The number displayed is +33003538xxxxxxxx. The dialling code seems to be an amalgimation of a French and Irish code.

Does anyone know what this means?

I had a mobile phone with the same number stolen in Italy a few years ago if that's relevant.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Someone messing, marketing calls could be loads of reasons.

The fact that you had the sim stolen wouldn't be effecting it, that sim would have been deactivated for you to get the new one on return home. They can just pick any number, mimic it and dial it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Davy wrote: »
    They can just pick any number, mimic it and dial it.
    How?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

cast_iron wrote: »
    How?

I dont really want to post about, but it can be done. Its not something thats needed and the less people knowing about it the better

Advertisement