Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Scholarship Scheme???

• 18-08-2009 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Does anybody know anything about these?
    I got a letter about it today, does that mean that if i'm eligible for the scholarship i will get it?......or do i still have to be picked from a number of other students to get it cos they only give them to 100 students?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Xtina!!

Does anybody know anything about these?
    I got a letter about it today, does that mean that if i'm eligible for the scholarship i will get it?......or do i still have to be picked from a number of other students to get it cos they only give them to 100 students?:confused:

Are you talking about the Bank of Ireland Millenium Scholarship? Cos I got a letter about this aswell today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭crunchycorner

Xtina!! wrote: »
    Are you talking about the Bank of Ireland Millenium Scholarship? Cos I got a letter about this aswell today.

Em no....i think this is a different one....says it came from the higher education, equity of access......:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 newyorkdoll

Hey I got a letter from the All Ireland Scholarship too! I'm the same as you...havent a clue about it really!! Sent it off today!

Just going to keep my fingers crossed for the next 2-3 weeks in the vain hope I might get it!! Omg what 6750eur could do for my education cannot be described!! No having to work and miss out on the social life of college!!

Good luck with it crunchycorner!

Sorry I was offered one aswell, forgot to mention!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Ive heard nothing of this, but looked at the criteria and see that I am eligble. Anyone know where/how I can apply?

• Advertisement

Im not sure if you can apply, I dont know. Ours just came in the post one day and we were offered one best on our academic achievements, and seeing as it was from the Dept of Education, it is based on both LC and JC results I guess. They are giving 100 scholarships, and it is a minimum of 2 per county, and you must meet certain criteria like having a medical card etc. Its the Dept who is doing it as far as I know so I dont think you can apply. Its an award for students chosen by the state, and there is no guarantee that you would even get one, but I think mines in the bag! (I hope!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

This seems to be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Ahh I see. Righty so! Well best of luck to all of ye! :D

Thanks Jammyc!

Did anybodys school get notified about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ncef4208

does anyone know have all the 100 scholarships on offer been offered already. what points did any of you above got selected get in your leaving cert results. Had hoped i would qualify 490 points,

• Advertisement

I don't know but I presume they sent them all out at the one time, you could always ring them up to find out. I got 525 btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

if they're giving two per county and there's 100 to be given, how does that figure:confused:???

they guarantee two to each of the 26 counties, and the remainder are divided up between those counties, where most people qualify, in cork last year there was six, in limerick there was 5 in laois there was four, .anyway delighted for everybody who got it, you had to have real high results and so they are well deserved. Enjoy and have a ball at college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 UnDeNiAbLe

so wen do we kno if we got it not?

UnDeNiAbLe wrote: »
    so wen do we kno if we got it not?

I would love to know the answer to that myself!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭merryhappy

They called me yesterday to let me know I got it if I turned down the BOI scholarship, which I did because they give you less.

If you were offered one already, offers went out nearly two weeks ago now, so if you were not offered then, yu did not get one, unless somebody does not still fit the criteria, which is still having medical card, and also qualifying for higher education grant, then they will be rejected and scholarship offered to someone else, doubt it very much if anyones circumstances in this recession will have changed since they applied, so unless you were offered one last week, you won't be. LIke myself will ust have to keep doing the part time job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 littlegalwaygal

has anyone else heard back from them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 coislifebliain6

i just read that you wont be offered it until you register with your university. I got a course in DCU and registration there doesnt take place there for another two weeks. Im hoping thats why they havent replied back on to me!

hey got a call from them today. I just have to get my uni to fill out a few forms to prove that I have got a course there and that I am registered there and hopefully ill be sorted when that happens!!

Coislifebliain6 dont worry! I wont be able to get my forms filled until the second week of september. I called them and they were cool about it!!

Best of luck to all of you! Hope you hear soon!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 coislifebliain6

thanks for your help and support newyorkdoll! I'll be waiting anxiously by the phone for the next few days!!

merryhappy wrote: »
    They called me yesterday to let me know I got it if I turned down the BOI scholarship, which I did because they give you less.

Im declining my BOI Millenium Scholarship aswell. Its worth less and Im not aloud to defer it for a year. At least I am able to defer the All Ireland one!!!!!!:D

did everyone get their letters?

Yep!!!!!!!!!:):):)

Have u tried to register yet??

yeah i did. it didnt work though, maybe we have to send off the acceptance first!! guess we'll be seein each other on the 21st november!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭deex

got my letter today, SO happy :D
    i was a bit worried when i couldnt log in but i guess you have to send off the acceptance first?!
    eeeeeeek i'm through the roof :D:D congrats to you guys too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 UnDeNiAbLe

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy got my letter!!!!!!!!!!!!! m soooo happppyyyyyyy!!!!!! congrats to rest of ye who also got it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 legendman69

i got my offer a few days ago but the website seems to be broken? ive tried on 3 different computers but no luck....anyone having the same problem..that namesco keeps appearin by the way....im one of the fermanagh winners,if the other is out there let me know! thanks:)

i got my offer a few days ago but the website seems to be broken? ive tried on 3 different computers but no luck....anyone having the same problem...im one of the fermanagh winners,if the other is out there let me know! thanks:)

Hey! Im one of the Kerry winners! Not fermanagy, but sure we're all in the same boat!;) I tried aswell a few times and it doesnt work for me either. In the form it says once you have accepted the scholarship i.e. sent off the acceptance form then you must register online. I suppose they will set up the accounts and usernames once they have received notification of whose accepting the scholarships.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 legendman69

thanks for the reply....but the problem is just gettin onto the website. when i type it in it wont come up anymore, it was workin this morning ok,but now that namesco website appears, if u try it right now do u have the same problem?it could be just maintenance whilst they update the site...i duno..

Advertisement