Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Scholarship Scheme???

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Xtina!!

thanks for the reply....but the problem is just gettin onto the website. when i type it in it wont come up anymore, it was workin this morning ok,but now that namesco website appears, if u try it right now do u have the same problem?it could be just maintenance whilst they update the site...i duno..

Oh wait it is going onto that namesco website actually! Tried it yesterday and I got onto the website ok but couldnt log in. They might be updating it. There seems to be very little mentioned about the 2009 scholarships on the website (as far as I am aware). Im sure theres no need to worry, I cant get on either so therefore everyone else could be having problems too. As long as my acceptance is sent Im not going to worry for the moment. But a bit worried now as Im deferring mine for the year and there seemed to be no mention of it in the letter.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 legendman69

well according to the other posts on this site it seems to be fine...i duno who you would call as we are given the numbers for the northern ireland office.i saw a sample profile biography earlier and there a bit crap!it actually let me in but i didnt fill it in because you needa decent photo!looks like a very prestigious event, and im guna look very out of place believe me!:D

well according to the other posts on this site it seems to be fine...i duno who you would call as we are given the numbers for the northern ireland office.i saw a sample profile biography earlier and there a bit crap!it actually let me in but i didnt fill it in because you needa decent photo!looks like a very prestigious event, and im guna look very out of place believe me!:D

Well the people who had posted originally posted a number of days ago when they received their letters. I was able to get onto the site yesterday, but neither of us can get in now. No one else has posted on this thread yet today.... But Im sure you wont look out of place! It does look like a very prestigious event and looks like Batte o keeffe will be there, so its a big occasion. Looking forward to it though! Where did you read the sample biography? Was it on that site?

yea when i got logged in it wanted personal details and a bio, and it showed a sample bio to help us out....anyway im off to see some of the us open here...thanks for your help, will recognise ur name when wer in limerick on 21st november!

yea when i got logged in it wanted personal details and a bio, and it showed a sample bio to help us out....anyway im off to see some of the us open here...thanks for your help, will recognise ur name when wer in limerick on 21st november!

No prob!:) Shame I wont be able to recognise your name though! Ill try and pick you out though from the few fermanagh people!;)

• Advertisement

glenn from fermanagh....c ya ther:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 littlegalwaygal

why do we have to write our own profiles? i have no idea what to say!:pac::p:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

Anyone hear back from BOI?

Ive logged onto the website but I havent actually written out my biography yet or chosen a picture! The sample biography is written in the third person, so do we have to write in the third person too? Deadline is 30th of September isnt it? Havent uploaded a picture yet either!:eek:

yeah i was wondering bout that too, i wrote it in the third person, i hope thats right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭crunchycorner

Have ye started getting your scholarships yet?
    I only started college this week so do I have to ask the Registrar to tell the department that I've started????

the college will tell them once ur registered, well nuig did for me anyway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 makaveli13

Have any of ye started getting the scholarship yet?? Im one of the Waterford winners and haven't yet.

nope, but my mum rang, just to check it out and they said wet get a double installment in about two weeks, that was last week. they were waiting for some colleges to start to confirm registration or somethin like that. so soon hopefully :D

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

Lads, where's the €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€??????:eek:

they sent us a message on facebook sayin it shud be there on the 30th, theyre still waiting for some colleges to confirm that some ppl are registered :D

what are we wearin to the ceremony?? :O

what are we wearin to the ceremony?? :O

I dont know really! You must have received an email from them today too. Dont know if it should be dressy dressy or casual dressy! It going to be quite a prestigious event.
    Do you have any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Hi guys. Got this last year (and again this year) It was pretty formal last year. They have lots of pictures up on their facebook so you could probably get the general tone by looking at those. Well done to anyone who got it this year. It helps pay the rent that's for sure.

oh lord i dont like the sound of that!!! i have no idea at all what to wear!! dress maybe?? but dont wanna look stupid! haha

• Advertisement

do we get the money again this year guys...?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭chicgroovy101

Just wondering did ye all apply for this months before the leaving cert? Or did ye just get a letter out of the blue after your results? Is it only based on points in 5 subjects? And for the people that got accepted, what points did ye get?

Advertisement