Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E63

Options
  • 18-08-2009 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Just got an Nokia E63 but cannot open attachments.I would appear to have the settings correct.
    Any suggestions
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

What are you trying to open them in? What error message does it give you?

and welcome to boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 panda13

I have set up a gmail account on the E63 and I have sent an excel spreadsheet attachment to it. I select attachment, retrieve, and when I opt to open the attachment I have to select "retrieve" again. Circles!! I can read an email with no attachment. tks again.

You just using it via the messaging folder or using the app itself

thru my email account on the E63. ie Gmail options,open,options,attachmnents options retrieve,option , download or exit etc but will not open.

panda13 wrote: »
    thru my email account on the E63. ie Gmail options,open,options,attachmnents options retrieve,option , download or exit etc but will not open.

But are you using pop or imap? It will tell in the mailbox settings, under connection settings.

You have clicked download, and then click options again where open or save should now appear.

• Advertisement

Tks a mil.
    I have now set up Nokia email msging. So it works:pac:.
    Tks again

Thats another way round it i guess :D

It should work in the inbuilt email client in the messaging folder though.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Emoyeni

Hello,

I would have considered myself fairly technologically competent or at least I did until I got this phone...

I have 2 seperate email accounts that I want to setup on this phone. The user guide wasn't (imo) very detailed in it's instructions.

One account is a standard gmail account (gmail.com), the other is a google apps account (mail.google.com/a/domain-name.com.
    I tried initially too install the nokia application via the quick setup shortcut on the home screen - error was something like "can't connect to server"

Then through google apps - "manage my domain", I followed their instructions for setup on mobile device. This resulted in downloading the application and installing. I was then able to setup the standard gmail account but not the apps account - no error message just won't open the mail. I eventually reprogramed the one touch buttons to short press - open standard account using gmail application - long press - open web to home page set to login screen for apps account.

This works fine and all I need to do is refresh to view latest mails since last access.

So before I go on is there something I haven't done to better obtain email on the phone? Only a cosmetic thing but there are no notifications on the home screen for new mails etc.....

However my real issue is with attachments.

I have selected some mails at random knowing that there are attachments contained within. I can view fine but it seems that if there are images + text, only the text is displayed. Is this the norm? I can't seem to find how I can SAVE an attachment. I have trawled through the net and there are references to options - save, options-download, options-retrieve. I don't have any of these options. I don't have an "options" option!

I have "menu" and upon selection I have view attachment, collapse, reply, forward,more actions(normal gmail actions), search mail, compose mail & accounts. So not sure if this is because it's the gmail interface that I don't have the option to save. Any ideas?

The only reason I want to save is because I want to see if using quickoffice or the pdf reader will improve the viewing of the attachment.

The mail is setup as IMAP - not sure how to check as per Davy's instruction but whatever is done on the phone is replicated in the main mail server.

Incidentally viewing images on their own is fine the issue I have is when they are embedded in a document (word, pdf etc).

Any thoughts would be welcome.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Emoyeni, just wondering if you ever found the best way to use a google apps email account on the E63? I'm trying to help an older relative figure it out here and it sounds like you have done the hard yards!
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Emoyeni

Hi Edanto.

Sorry for the delay in responding. You caught me in a bad week - away for a whole week incommunicado..weird for a while then got used to it...

Anyway, no I didn't get any further with this phone setup wrt google apps mail. As I said I setup the one touch buttons to either launch the application for gmail or open the browser at the login screen for the apps mail. It works very well and it suits the user of this phone 'cause email will be an irregular consideration for her, so don't need mail pushed to the phone.

This phone is a bit cumbersome imo to setup in general especially compared to to iPhone for example...

Sorry I can't help much.

Emoyeni.

• Advertisement
Advertisement