Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

steeple of Kenneth???

Options
  • 18-08-2009 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Any one know of the 'steeple of Kenneth'?

An old family bible has an inscription saying that the family graves are in 'steeple of Kenneth, County Cork, 1812'.

I have searched everywhere and can find no reference to this place...

Any associations, however loose, are most welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

You said loose associations were welcome, this is loose!

There's a tower near the village of Castletownkenneigh, West Cork. It's been a few years since I took a walk in there but I think there are graves there. It's a tower that's unique in this country, if not in Europe, as it has either an octagonal or hexagonal base which is quite rare AFAIK. Hope this is of some help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 celticmoon

That's as good a lead as any I've found digging for a while now. Thank you so much for passing it on!

Kris

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Tony H

Would the bible be Church Of Ireland or Roman Catholic ? If its Church Of Ireland , you could try http://www.cork.anglican.org/help/researchingfamilyhistory.html
    as a lot of their records have been computerised .

Thank you Fitzdragon. I'm going to add that site to my genealogy resource collection. In this case, seems we will need to nail down the location better before spending $$ on searches.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

isn't there a place near Ballymaloe called Kennoith or something?

• Advertisement

Another lead! Thanks, Byhookorbycrook.

You guys rock.

Advertisement