Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford train station parking

• 18-08-2009 3:48pm
    Moderators Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, sorry if its been asked before (search turned up nothing).

Is there overnight parking in Waterford train station? Id be looking for parking for the weekend near the train station.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

ya can park at the train station over night but i think they lock it up after a certain time in the evening,so ya wouldnt be able to collect the car till the morning.

theres plenty of parking spaces down on the quay .dont know how much a day ticket would be though.

• Moderators Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Thatd be exactly what id be looking for. Do I need to buy a ticket to park in the station? Only id be leaving the car there on Friday and not collecting it until Sunday or Monday, would be able to put new tickets on it everyday like.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

No need for a ticket afaik. They just lock it at night usually. The other car park is open all the time and that's at the other side.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Parking is free in both car parks, but as has already been mentioned, the car park on the right hand side of the main entrance is the one which gets locked up each night after last train. It reopens before 6am on weekday mornings, not sure about weekends, but would imagine it would be around the time of the first train.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

to be honest iv'e always been somewhat wary of that carpark. The few times iv'e been to dublin over the years a few times there has been cars vandalised in some way. Just to keep in mind op

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭mecco

ziedth wrote: »
    to be honest iv'e always been somewhat wary of that carpark. The few times iv'e been to dublin over the years a few times there has been cars vandalised in some way. Just to keep in mind op

+1
    all anecdotal, but ive only ever heard bad comments about that car park..its just too secluded.

From your postit sounds like you need cheap weekend parking, id consider the car park beside the bus station..its a flat fee (used to be 5.50 until a few months ago, dont know now) and even though it says per 24 hours you put cash in the barrier so its as long as you want..if u were the paranoid type, you could even move it around inside the car park seeming as you said you will be around every day, that way its not sitting in one spot all weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

+2

yeah that carpark always looks dodgy, I wouldnt risk leaving it there for the whole wknd. Id look up somewhere else if i were you!

• Moderators Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Might only leave it 1 night now, my trip isnt going to be as long as I thought

Advertisement