Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HD recording, best software for editing??

Options
  • 18-08-2009 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭metalgear2k2

I have some vids from a concert I was at, recorded on my Hd handy cam but some of the songs over lap into different clips, was wondering whats the best software to use to join and cut clips without losing any quality?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 dr shami

to me is adobe premiere cs4 with full library

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

Any simple software will do it. Are you going do a lot of editing in the future ? In other words do you want to spend money on it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭metalgear2k2

no I dont want to spend money on it, just need it to do a few clips but as said dont want to lose quality. any ideas?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

try free video dub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Benandonner

Boilsoft AVI/MPEG Splitter/Joiner.

Like Ronseal, does what it says on the tin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Do you need a fairly hefty cpu to edit HD (AVCHD) video?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Scruff wrote: »
    Do you need a fairly hefty cpu to edit HD (AVCHD) video?

It helps, that's for sure ;)

I edit AVCHD on my crummy laptop running a 1.83GHz dual core with 3GB of RAM no problem. Albeit, it is a little slow.

I film in AVCHD (720 50P at 21 bitrate) and I cannot edit without converting. my system is 2 core 2.6 gh.

oh yes I recommend Edius neo 2.

this is slowly becoming very popular with pro videographers (the 5 version).

I have used about 5 different programs this is by far the best, easist and very stable.

Advertisement