Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorcycle theory test

• 18-08-2009 4:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,183 ✭✭✭✭

Hey

My father has asked me to download the questions for the motorcycle theory test. I have no idea what he's talking about. He wants to get a license for a motorbike, but I thought the questions for motorbike and car theory tests were the same, as I remember being asked some motorbike questions in mine.

Can anybody help me out? Does he need to do another theory test to get a license and if so, where can I find the sample questions and answers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Paulyh

http://www.irishmotoring.ie/theorytest/index.php?vtype=bike

motorbike thoery test sample questions :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Its on the newest CD/Book, The AM category.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,183 ✭✭✭✭Penn

That'll do. Cheers folks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

The new rules of road CD has all the questions for the bike theory test.
    There are a few different questions they'ld ask for the bike test than they would for the car one.

I'm gonna do my bike theory test next week!
    Along with the car one...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Anyone else find the new theory test ridiculously stupid? Most were either questions that if you don't get right you shouldn't be allowed out in public without a minder (like a picture of a guy riding along with both feet hanging down; Is this the correct way to ride a motorcycle?) or tricky questions not really relevant to biking but tricky enough to catch you out.

• Advertisement

The new rules of road CD has all the questions for the bike theory test.
    There are a few different questions they'ld ask for the bike test than they would for the car one.

I'm gonna do my bike theory test next week!
    Along with the car one...

Best of luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Best of luck :)

Aye thanks!
    I hope i guess enough stupid questions like the ones you got to pass easily!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

i taught that if you done the theory test for the car license,that the motorbike was included on the license?.

bassy wrote: »
    i taught that if you done the theory test for the car license,that the motorbike was included on the license?.

Only the moped category is included with the car test nowadays, was changed a few years ago.

so i wanna drive a virago 125cc i have to sit the motorbike theory exam?.

Only the moped category is included with the car test nowadays, was changed a few years ago.

• Advertisement

so i wanna drive a virago 125cc i have to sit the motorbike theory exam?.

Yep.

thats a money grabbing government,so i gotta sit the theory eam to get license for car,and then sit the theory exam to get license to drive a 125cc motorbike.biggest load of b*ll*cks ever.

Yep.

thats a money grabbing government,so i gotta sit the theory eam to get license for car,and then sit the theory exam to get license to drive a 125cc motorbike.biggest load of b*ll*cks ever.

Welcome to Ireland, enjoy your stay.

Oh, and don't forget to bend over ;)

welcome?

am 32 years here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

welcome?

am 32 years here.

Just because you can drive a car does not mean that you have the knowledge to ride a bike, you have to prove it.

and why has that suddenly changed?????????????????????????????????

jameshayes wrote: »
    Just because you can drive a car does not mean that you have the knowledge to ride a bike, you have to prove it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

and why has that suddenly changed?????????????????????????????????

Because of the RSA action plan on improving motorcycle safety. See link; http://www.rsa.ie/publication/publication/upload/National%20Motorcycle%20Action%20Plan%20(3)a.pdf

Please check your facts before you make accusations about money making racquets - most of these departments are lucky to break even.

Thats the way it should be bike questions for a A/M licence car questions for a B licence, it was a joke the other way to be honest. And if you dont hurry up and get your bike licence you might also have to do CBT. ;)

may i ask what is the CBT and when is it coming in to action,thanks.

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Thats the way it should be bike questions for a A/M licence car questions for a B licence, it was a joke the other way to be honest. And if you dont hurry up and get your bike licence you might also have to do CBT. ;)

may i ask what is the CBT and when is it coming in to action,thanks.

Compulsory Basic Training, basically you have to pass a course before you're given a license. Supposed to be here in a few months IIRC but this is Ireland so who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭zzr

I for one think the cbt is a great idea i know its easy for me to say but i remember when i got my first licene i had only driven a bike around the garden.
    its like giving someone the keys to a jumbo and off ya go:eek:

zzr wrote: »
    I for one think the cbt is a great idea i know its easy for me to say but i remember when i got my first licene i had only driven a bike around the garden.
    its like giving someone the keys to a jumbo and off ya go:eek:

It would be if it applied to everyone not just bikes, and reasonably priced.

@bassy what KamiKazi said.

Advertisement