Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung help anyone?

• 18-08-2009 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

Hi all, Im in a pickle! I have a samsung SGH-U900V, I deleted some numbers from my contacts, on purpose. This is where the problem lies. When I am sending a text, sms, and I go to 'send to' this list comes up..
    1.number
    2.number
    3.number
    4.contacts
    5.enter manually
    6.Group
    7. Multiple recipients
    So basically 1,2 and 3 are numbers that I have deleted but can 't remove them from this list. Its driving me crazy, especially when I hit off no.1 all the time and have to stop it from sending.
    I hope you can help me, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Can you not clear your call lists etc ? There should be an option there ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Its not call lists, i think the ops problem is the set 'own numbers'. They can be changed in the phonebook settings > own numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Davy wrote: »
    Its not call lists, i think the ops problem is the set 'own numbers'. They can be changed in the phonebook settings > own numbers.

Just press the c button on each number and it will clear. It's just a recent contact list. Scroll down to each one and press c ..

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭smiley girl

Thanks all for your suggestions, I have deleted all call lists, all texts, I have no numbers in 'own numbers' and I have tried pressing 'c' when the numbers are up. The 'c' does nothing, the numbers are only there to send to but not edit in anyway. Whats more I can't even remember how I got those numbers where there are in the first place. This phone is driving me mad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Thanks all for your suggestions, I have deleted all call lists, all texts, I have no numbers in 'own numbers' and I have tried pressing 'c' when the numbers are up. The 'c' does nothing, the numbers are only there to send to but not edit in anyway. Whats more I can't even remember how I got those numbers where there are in the first place. This phone is driving me mad!

From what I've been reading, it doesn't seem to be possible to manually delete the sms recent recipient list on the Samsung U900. It is possible on the G600, however, I'm not sure whether you've followed the below procedure for that handset?
    If you go to your recent recipient list... top of the list should be "All". Click options then "delete". This does do it as i have just done it.

If the above doesn't work, then a factory reset may be your only solution. If you do go ahead with it, make sure you backup, if possible, all your pictures, videos, etc beforehand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭smiley girl

If the above doesn't work, then a factory reset may be your only solution. If you do go ahead with it, make sure you backup, if possible, all your pictures, videos, etc beforehand.[/QUOTE]

Okay so, thats what I will have to do. Have begun to back up to the memory card. Thank you everyone for helping me out:)

Advertisement