Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evolution Soccer or Fifa?

Options
  • 18-08-2009 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Which is the best football game in your opinion?

Which is better? 33 votes

Pro Evolution Soccer
    0% 0 votes
    Fifa
    100% 33 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Which is the best football game in your opinion?

surely this has been done before?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Actua Soccer. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭discostick12

Fifa for defo, can't seem to get the grip of pro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Fifa seems more difficult and less pick up and play so I'd say its better as a soccer sim. Although sometimes its nice to just play a more arcade style of game like PES.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 xblaZe

Pro ev playing with friends.
    Fifa online.
    If I could only have one then Pro ev;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Fifa all the way :).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

This is Football 2003.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

As you never specified which ones I will say the latest FIFA > the latest Pro Evo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

OP you need a time context for this (as Mossy says). Fifa used to be crap, but has improved a lot in the last 2 versions because they changed the main developers to guys who actually knew what they were doing and loved football (Good article about that in Edge a few months back)

Pro Evo was the king of the heap for a long time but they seem to have got lazy, and the next-gen outings have been pretty poor updates of the PS2 versions.

So depends on when you are asking. Pro Evo has been better for longer, but FIFA 09 is probably the best at the moment.

It will be interesting to see if Pro Evo dev team can take it's head from up its ass and actually produce a proper version of Pro Evo for the PS3. Then things will get interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Adidas Power Soccer !!!

"Ppooooooowwwweeeeerrrr KICK !!! " :p:p

Failing that , Italia 90 for the Megadrive:cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

John Madden Football

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

PES for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Fifa.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

PES for me but I am not happy with this years by a long stretch. Need to give Fifa a proper go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Striker '96

But for this thread, I'll say Pro Evo. I've been a Pro Evo man for as long as I can remeber since ISS Pro Deluxe for the SNES.

I thought PES2009 was okay but disappointing for a next Gen game. I thought FIFA was pretty good this year as well. That was a suprise to me because generally I dislike FIFA.

I just hope PES2010 will live up to its expectations.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Adidas Power Soccer !!!

I loved that game :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I don't particulary favour either brand over the other, but Fifa 09 was much better than this years Pro Evo, and you're only as good as your last game, so Fifa got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

This year FIFA by a mile. I have always been a pro ev fan but its went way down hill the last 2 years.

Kick Off 2 beats all them. Still get the Amiga out for the odd game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

I can't honestly remember a year when Pro Evo beat FIFA. I guess I just love FIFA :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Bono Vox wrote: »
    I can't honestly remember a year when Pro Evo beat FIFA. I guess I just love FIFA :p

Every year sivce ISS Pro on the playstation "real" football fans knew ISS was miles better, Fifa was all flashy presentation with crappy gameplay, Pro evo played exactly like real football

It's a tough one now because swiching would be almost like changing the football team I've supported all my life....

Pro evo 2008 really did drop the ball though, and I'll admit it's nice having all the real names etc...for now though it's a case of the remembering all the times I stayed up all night playing Pro evo and having faith that Konami can turn it all around...I'm slowly getting more and more tempted by the dark side of football thou...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Are they putting the russian league in fifa this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Daddy or Chips?

Chips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

oh yeah, and Amiga Sensi (megadrive! bah!) is the best football game ever, end of story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ipod raider

fifa

ever play pro evo and get the buttons mixed up for each other?

always happens to me

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭paul larry

PES 10 is gonna be amazing on d ps3.........fifa has been gaining lately, but will lose serious ground come christmas this year!!!!!!!!

Pro Evo for ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

paul larry wrote: »
    PES 10 is gonna be amazing on d ps3.........fifa has been gaining lately, but will lose serious ground come christmas this year!!!!!!!!

Pro Evo for ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did a magazine tell you this or did you pluck it out of your imagination? Fact is nobody will know until they play them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Are they putting the russian league in fifa this year?

Yes. Only the Premier league though.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Did a magazine tell you this or did you pluck it out of your imagination? Fact is nobody will know until they play them.

Shut the hell up!

Pro Evoozzz ffoooreverzzz!!

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    Shut the hell up!

Pro Evoozzz ffoooreverzzz!!

I apologise.

Advertisement