Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evolution Soccer or Fifa?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,926 ✭✭✭✭briany

Has got to be pro evolution for me. I know that pro evolution has its negatives like dull menus and lack of licences/features but the gameplay is just always ahead of FIFA, it has much more of an anything can happen feel to it whereas FIFA is just too bogged down in realism for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,766 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Read the posts here, and the few reviews online. Bought Fifa 09 and just didnt like it. Neither did the boys in the house. Although Pro evo online can be annoying half of the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,034 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Last year it had to be FIFA, every year before that, back to ISS on the SNES I was a PES/Konami head. Hoping Konami step it up this year!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Last year it had to be FIFA, every year before that, back to ISS on the SNES I was a PES/Konami head. Hoping Konami step it up this year!

bang on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

This.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Nintendo world cup soccer on the nes is the best

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

ISS 64 for the N64 was the greatest football game ever. Gomez for Brazil was always banging in goals for me. :D

But now, FIFA has stepped up to the plate in fashion with FIFA 09. I think the new PES is concentrating on graphics if these images are anything to go by.

fw3Fr.png
    hvpM7.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

I'll do what I did last year; download both demos and see which feels best, which despite all I'd heard was still pro evo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Sensible Soccer. Now there was a game. David Beckham Soccer would be a close second!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

The best football game ever IMO was ISS Pro '98. Pro Evo was always far superior to FIFA right up until Konami dropped the ball in these latest instalments.

FIFA is now the better game so I voted FIFA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fince

This is Football 2003.

the diving? epic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Paddo81

Ive always been a PES man since ISS on PS2. Everyone says FIFA has now got its act together and is now overtakin PES, but I find it hard to believe. Ill have to rent FIFA 10 and see.

I always think about how epic the master league is in PES. Skrimping by with low point, bringin in out of contract players and lads on loan. Building up a team. The joy of winning promotion or avoiding relegation. I cant see how FIFA could match it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

i have but one complaint about FIFA this term, the seemingly too-fast pace of a cross suggests some ball flight situ's may be unrealistic.

i don't think theres any argument based on last year, i'm not going into how i was a konami football addict for 10yr. but FIFA's only upped its game again - we have yet to sample PES 2010. required a major overhaul last i recall

Advertisement