Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lance watch

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

See he's doing it again in LA...:cool:

Seen this on his twitter page...

"Hey LA - get out of your cars and get on your bikes. Time to ride. 7:30 tomorrow am. Griffith Park, LA Zoo parking lot. See you there.."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

07Lapierre wrote: »

"Hey LA - get out of your cars and get on your bikes. Time to ride. 7:30 tomorrow am. Griffith Park, LA Zoo parking lot. See you there.."

He has a thing for zoo's it would seem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭triv88

07Lapierre wrote: »

you make it sound as if he is cheating on you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

After asking LA to come out and get on their bikes he went on to say on a following post that....... Dublin had set the bar pretty high.....

Fair Comment by a cool guy..... dont think he is ever goin to forget that ride....to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

either will I, It was fooking chaos personified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Seems like Dublin did set the bar though, LA only had a couple of hundred turn up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭lyders

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LANCE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

lyders wrote: »
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY LANCE!
    ... oohhh and and none wished Jens Happy Bday yesterday ...
    TSSS

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭godihatethehils

lyders wrote: »
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY LANCE!

Bravo lyders....I was beginning to fear this thread was dead.

Happy birthday indeed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,460 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Lance wasn't born. September 18, 1971 was the day he came to earth and took human form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

any more sightings of Lance in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I saw him racing a leprachaun while riding Shergar in the park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Nova_era

Lance would appear to have been riding with Stephen Roche in the states.. He also appears to be under the impression that Roche has "2 tours, a Giro, and a triple crown"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

die thread die

91206.gif
    says it all

• Advertisement

bcmf wrote: »
    says it all

BMCF,

You are the cancer in this thread. For two months, this thread has been on a mission. And now, sensibility is back. I'm here to fight this.

You are not worth the chair that you're sitting on with a statement like that about a thread that touches everybody around the world.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

darth-lance-300x180.jpg
    I'm watching you boys, those who disappoint will go on my black list ..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

Just bought his new book, I'll let you know what I think..

Ha ha ha - just spotted a google ad for this site at the bottom of this thread - Link

Nova_era wrote: »
    Lance would appear to have been riding with Stephen Roche in the states.. He also appears to be under the impression that Roche has "2 tours, a Giro, and a triple crown"

In keeping with the topic of this thread, did Lance watch SR winning 2 tours ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

In keeping with the topic of this thread, did Lance watch SR winning 2 tours ;)

Oh yea!!

BTW, French news is reporting that Astana team members in the last tour were given, agreed by ICU, more time to provide samples for testing. I have said before and a number of the recent books on the subject have said also, that ICU, McQuaid and the Amory Sports Org., were in cahoots to get Armstrong to turn up for the Tour this year on the understanding he wouldn't be hassled....

I don't care what anybody else feels on this thread, he (LA) is a; as are many in the professional cycling world. It isn't any different to most professional sports.

Bye, Barry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭andun84

BarryM wrote: »
    Oh yea!!

BTW, French news is reporting that Astana team members in the last tour were given, agreed by ICU, more time to provide samples for testing. I have said before and a number of the recent books on the subject have said also, that ICU, McQuaid and the Amory Sports Org., were in cahoots to get Armstrong to turn up for the Tour this year on the understanding he wouldn't be hassled....

I don't care what anybody else feels on this thread, he (LA) is a; as are many in the professional cycling world. It isn't any different to most professional sports.

Bye, Barry

I'd search the term libel and then start transferring your assests ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

andun84 wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry, we're amateurs when it comes to the Hatestrong. These are the pros: http://forum.cyclingnews.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

andun84 wrote: »

It's only libel if it's untrue :)

The Basques would appear not to like Lance -

lance-and-basque.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Nova_era wrote: »
    The Basques would appear not to like Lance -

lance-and-basque.jpg
    Big dirty grin on the CSC rider behind him- what's the context?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

blorg wrote: »
    Big dirty grin on the CSC rider behind him- what's the context?

Alpe d'Huez time trial in 2004. CSC rider is Basso who he'd just passed.

You've got to admire their discipline though. Those Basque fans are close enough to push him off his bike, but instead they go for the subtle fingers up. They obviously don't hate him that much.

The blood test results seem to have been removed from Livestrong.com, or else I'm being extra stupid today and just can't find them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

The blood test results seem to have been removed from Livestrong.com, or else I'm being extra stupid today and just can't find them.

Nah they are gone with a while..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

It's only libel if it's untrue :)

there's a lot to be said for the burden of truth unfortunately. Which is why I've to be sensitive about these statements and vamoose them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

uberwolf wrote: »
    there's a lot to be said for the burden of truth unfortunately. Which is why I've to be sensitive about these statements and vamoose them

Are you saying "censor" them?? I hope not!!

Bye, Barry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Are you saying "censor" them?? I hope not!!

Bye, Barry

Boards.ie is censored. You don't have freedom of speech here.

Bye, Barry
    See ya soon Barry, Peter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

el tonto wrote: »
    Alpe d'Huez time trial in 2004. CSC rider is Basso who he'd just passed.

From what I've seen, Basso always seems to have that same grimace. Well, at least he did in the Giro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Raam wrote: »
    From what I've seen, Basso always seems to have that same grimace. Well, at least he did in the Giro.

It's been a while...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

tweep

Has someone said something mean about Lancy Boy? Last time he tweeted thus, someone had publicly accused him of doping/having explosive diarrhoea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

niceonetom wrote: »
    tweep

Has someone said something mean about Lancy Boy? Last time he tweeted thus, someone had publicly accused him of doping/having explosive diarrhoea.

I suspect this

meh - SSDD for us too then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Folks, I thought this thread ended on a positive note regarding LA's visit with us!
    Perhaps some regret not making that fine day in August. Your more than welcome to join me in doing a few laps of Lances Loop this week as I take my leave of the mountains for now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

dedon wrote: »

Same things happened before (ie: in 2000 The US postal trash story ) and nothing ever came out of it iirc ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

might be VERY VERY different this time as they have their DNA from the testing blood profiles and can compare with the samples

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

might be VERY VERY different this time as they have their DNA from the testing blood profiles and can compare with the samples
    Deja vu , all over again

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Perhaps some regret not making that fine day in August. Your more than welcome to join me in doing a few laps of Lances Loop this week as I take my leave of the mountains for now.

Someone can be a "nice guy" and still be involved in some very dubious activities..... I think this conflicts with the Irish attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

I well aware of LA's history. I enjoyed that day in the park along many others who no doubt have strong views on what the man has/hasnt done.

Anyway this thread was originally keeping an eye on the buildup to his racing in Ireland plus his twitter updates on whether he would repeat his Glasgow ride in Dublin.

• Advertisement

velo.2010 wrote: »
    I well aware of LA's history. I enjoyed that day in the park along many others who no doubt have strong views on what the man has/hasnt done.

Anyway this thread was originally keeping an eye on the buildup to his racing in Ireland plus his twitter updates on whether he would repeat his Glasgow ride in Dublin.
    ok fair enough. I guess I read more into your post that I should have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

At the Tour de France, organiser Amaury Sport Organization (ASO) provides the teams with special containers to collect medical waste. The Central Office against environmental damage and public health (OCLAESP) has opened the proceedings after discovering several "suspect" syringes in the containers that belonged to the Astana team during the race.

Would anybody really be stupid enough to give ASO their nearly-empty syringes? Sounds like a wild goose chase to me.

Would anybody really be stupid enough to give ASO their nearly-empty syringes? Sounds like a wild goose chase to me.

The interesting/strange aspect is that it's basically the cops that are doing the investigation not AFLD/WADA/UCI/etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭....

hopefully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭lyders

Here's a sneak peak at the official 2010 Team RadioShack Trek Madone. http://bit.ly/4IcNzA

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement