Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lance watch

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,460 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

lyders wrote: »
    Here's a sneak peak at the official 2010 Team RadioShack Trek Madone. http://bit.ly/4IcNzA

you were beaten to it

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055695290&page=48

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭godihatethehils

I think it was just an excuse to revive this thread....bravo! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭lyders

Yeah!! I just love this thread!!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭godihatethehils

haha, "how do you do better than you did this year...?"

How's about winning 7 Tours?? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

It isn't built around him, it's built beneath him, towering colossus of cycling that he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

32,000 hits and counting

that is all.

Lance to abandon doping controls in bid to beat Contador in the 2010 or 2011 Tour. "I'm not an idiot, it will be hard to beat him."

- New York Times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Armstrong, who welcomed news the Giro d'Italia could start from Washington in 2012,
    Thats a bit much isn't it??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

I want to kick Lance in the nut. There. I said it.

lukester wrote: »
    I want to kick Lance in the nut. There. I said it.
    I thought you were a fan? Here's another picture of Lance shirtless to bring you round.

matthew_mcconaughey.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

Phew, thanks blorg. I feel much better. Just sometimes I'm overcome with so much Lance love that I want to destroy him. It's some Freudian sh1t.

Matthew McConnaughey has very short arms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Yeah. And he can't support his own weight while standing either. It's jogging or leaning against someone, those are his options...

mcconaughey-leaning.jpg

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

blorg wrote: »
    Lance to abandon doping controls in bid to beat Contador in the 2010 or 2011 Tour. "I'm not an idiot, it will be hard to beat him."

- New York Times
    Armstrong,...also said he would end his independent doping controls and stop putting results online because they cause silly speculation and authorities test constantly anyway.

See, us internet people blew it. We were meant to greet his results with respectful silence and not discuss them.
    Thats a bit much isn't it??

Stage one prologue around DC. Next three stages will be laps of an aircraft carrier as it crosses the Atlantic.

Or a very long torso. Which he seemingly displays at every opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

lyders wrote: »
    Here's a sneak peak at the official 2010 Team RadioShack Trek Madone. http://bit.ly/4IcNzA

This dude can unscrew a BB with his bear hands :eek:

el tonto wrote: »
    See, us internet people blew it. We were meant to greet his results with respectful silence and not discuss them.
    Especially when he changes a haematocrit reading from 45.8 to 43.1 with no explanation.

Especially when he changes a haematocrit reading from 45.8 to 43.1 with no explanation.

Now, now Pete, that's just silly speculation.

• Advertisement

Woops I drank to much haterade last night. I'm only jealous cos I don't have the heart of a 12ft moose.

Hungrycol wrote: »
    This dude can unscrew a BB with his bear hands :eek:
    The new Madone doesn't use a traditional bottom bracket, it uses bearings just dropped in to the frame, similar I think to how you put in the bearings on an integrated headset. So, yes, you can remove the BB with your bare hands!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Well I suppose the drugs have well and truly been stamped out of cycling, so they might as well. Its only small time lads getting caught these days.

Well done to all involved.

"It just takes one person to say - it could be a guy who graduated last in his class - you know what they call a guy who graduated last in his class at medical school? That's right, Doctor! So it could be a guy who just got out of college and has one journalist who listens and says these are suspicious," said Armstrong.
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/armstrong-abandons-independent-testing-publication-of-blood-values
    Jakob Mørkeberg has written 10 peer-reviewed papers on blood doping within the past three years, and has completed a Master’s thesis entitled Autologous Blood Doping. He has just submitted a PhD dissertation Detection of Autologous Blood Transfusions via Analyses of Peripheral Blood Samples. One of his major goals as an anti-doping researcher is to find a method to detect such transfusions in sporting competitions such as the Tour de France.

He was involved in the running of the CSC and Astana anti-doping programmes until the end of 2008.

Bo Belhage is a chief anaestesiologist at Bispebjerg Hospital and has written 53 publications; of these, 41 are peer-reviewed, two peer-reviewed in press (pending) and 10 book chapters. He is a Doctor of Medical Science, an Associated Research Professor, and was also involved in the running of the CSC and Astana anti-doping programmes. He has been involved in science for 21 years.
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/analysis-armstrongs-tour-blood-levels-debated
    Last in the class indeed.

• Advertisement

"So we took them down after that because we had put them up all year long in the vein of complete transparency,
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/armstrong-abandons-independent-testing-publication-of-blood-values

Lance’s current testing results
    Sample Date Hemoglobin Hematocrit (%) OFF-score Hb z-score OFF z-score
    Oct 6, 2008 15.5 43.7
    Oct 16, 2008 14.3 39.3 83.3
    Nov 26, 2008 15 42.8 87.6 0.7 0.27
    Dec 3, 2008 14.4 41.9 89.3 -0.3 0.28
    Dec 11, 2008 14.3 39.4 74.9 -0.3 -0.91
    Dec 18, 2008 15.4 42.1 83.3 1.2 -0.04
    Feb 4, 2009 15.2 45.8
    http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/lance-armstrongs-test-results-posted-online-20366

attachment.php?attachmentid=99499&stc=1&d=1261279267

http://www.livestrong.com/lance-armstrong/blog/lance-armstrongs-drug-testing-results-4-7-2009/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

Well I suppose the drugs have well and truly been stamped out of cycling, so they might as well. Its only small time lads getting caught these days.

Well done to all involved.

Assuming tongue firmly in cheek ;)

McQuaid is a total disgrace, there will be little or no testing in '10. One of the many books in French before/during this years Tour had a complete history of the dealings between the owners of l'Equipe, Amory Sports and McQuaid/UCI. One has to presume that McQ is getting his pockets filled by all and sundry......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Oct 6, 2008 15.5 43.7
    Feb 4, 2009 15.2 45.8http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/lance-armstrongs-test-results-posted-online-20366

http://www.livestrong.com/lance-armstrong/blog/lance-armstrongs-drug-testing-results-4-7-2009/

Probably a typo ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

BarryM wrote: »

McQuaid is a total disgrace, there will be little or no testing in '10. One of the many books in French before/during this years Tour had a complete history of the dealings between the owners of l'Equipe, Amory Sports and McQuaid/UCI. One has to presume that McQ is getting his pockets filled by all and sundry......

a paddy taking a drop?

never :rolleyes:

sy wrote: »
    Probably a typo ;)
    hmmm yeah. Well since the UCI can't release the true results on the date in question without the athlete's permission we'll have to for Lance to:
    1. Give an explanation (he's all for tranparency you know)
    2. Scan the actual results sheet and post it up
    3. Request the UCI release the results themselves, if he doesn't have a scanner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

BarryM wrote: »

That comment about McQ looks very libelous ......... Moderators???

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/TeamRadioShack?ref=pymk

For all Lance fans on facebook ........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

That comment about McQ looks very libelous ......... Moderators???

What?

McQuaid is UCI El Presidente - he should be trying to eradicate doping.

Instead........................

Incidentally I know McQuaid well.
    I well remember our indoor training team sessions in Alexandra College back in da'80's.
    In fairness to McQuaid he was a good coach.

Boy, someone's really throwing the toys out of their pram today:

"If you have just won the Tour for the second time and you are the king of Spain, it is normal that all stories are all right. His career has barely begun. Let us talk again in about fifteen years.”

"eight of the nine riders who rode the Tour, have gone away. To another team. Even his roommate."

“I am impressed by the athlete but it stops there for me.”

"If you have just won the Tour for the second time and you are the king of Spain, it is normal that all stories are all right. His career has barely begun. Let us talk again in about fifteen years.”

"eight of the nine riders who rode the Tour, have gone away. To another team. Even his roommate."

every time he twitters these days i lose more and more respect for his achievements and for the man, just wish he'd disappear at this point and leave the rest of us to watching cycling

sighs

I sort of get the impression he doesn't like Contador very much.

All the more impressive that he selflessly sacrificed his chances to work in support for Contador during the Tour.

To put my serious hat on for a second, I reckon this was far more calculated it it may have sounded. I think he believes that he can get under Contador's skin with this kind of stuff. Armstrong saw him ride a little rashly in Paris - Nice last year and probably thinks that if he winds him up enough he might throw away the Tour by being impulsive and launching way too many attacks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

To put my serious hat on for a second, I reckon this was far more calculated it it may have sounded. I think he believes that he can get under Contador's skin with this kind of stuff. Armstrong saw him ride a little rashly in Paris - Nice last year and probably thinks that if he winds him up enough he might throw away the Tour by being impulsive and launching way too many attacks.
    It might be calculated but it doesn't stop LA coming across as a wanker in that article

Diarmuid wrote: »
    It might be calculated but it doesn't stop LA coming across as a wanker in that article

Goes without saying alright. You get the feeling that he is losing touch with the big picture a little. Having said that, he seems as popular as ever with his core fan base in the US. They really seem to drink up the Lance vs. perfidious Euros thing.

I guarantee you, in the unlikely event of his DNA being found on that Astana medical stuff found by the French authorities, a huge number of them will believe that he was stiched up by the French.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭andun84

Goes without saying alright. You get the feeling that he is losing touch with the big picture a little. Having said that, he seems as popular as ever with his core fan base in the US. They really seem to drink up the Lance vs. perfidious Euros thing.

I guarantee you, in the unlikely event of his DNA being found on that Astana medical stuff found by the French authorities, a huge number of them will believe that he was stiched up by the French.

And would we have to blame for that? The French have never done themselves any favours in respect of Armstrong. They should have shut up until they had evidence instead they carried out a witch hunt against him. In that light those that are supportive of him are likely to treat any new allegations simply as more of the same.

• Advertisement

Seriously, how does this class as a witch hunt?

If there is any stitch up, there is only one person's DNA gonna be found on that equipment. How could anyone be so careless as to thow it in the hotel rubbish like that? Its so stupid you'd think it was planned.

cant disagree with any of that my guess is lance thinks that he cant beat a fully fit contador /schleck/ whoever else comes up (hope its wiggins but i worry he may be a one hit wonder), and thinks the best thing he can do is undermine him and his team before the race. best thing alberto can do is just not respond

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Oct 6, 2008 15.5 43.7
    Feb 4, 2009 15.2 45.8
    http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/lance-armstrongs-test-results-posted-online-20366

I am no Lance fan buts >40 is no biggie. Mine was the same last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

French people are evil, it's well known, they are all involved in a conspiration that will lead to the poor innocent Lance's destruction.
    I am sure even Jim Corr will come out and denounce it! It's all part of the New World Order conspiracy, so are the Eurocyclists!!!! ... we will ruuulle the World!!!! Muahahaha!

tunney wrote: »
    I think it was more involved than being larger than 40

tunney wrote: »
    Its not that its over 40. It was changed from 45.8 which I would guess is approaching a suspicious value down to 43.1, with no explanation. If it was a typo then that's all they had to say. But no reason has been given.

Just to clarify...the changed value I was referring to was in February, not during the tour. I've read that other values have been changed over the course of the season, but I don't know which ones.

The suspicious tour values being discussed relate mostly to a spike in hematocrit on a rest day.

Seriously, how does this class as a witch hunt?
    Because his holiness is involved.

A lot of silly speculation going on in this thread.

• Advertisement

blorg wrote: »
    A lot of silly speculation going on in this thread.

+1 We should all know by now that we're not allowed to talk about Lance's blood on the internets. If we hadn't, he'd still be doing his testing programme. The sport of cycling is clearly the loser in all of this and we're to blame.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement