Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lance watch

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 RapidResults

HQ 13?
    Oui.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Hints on his twitter that there'll be a ride of some sorts tomorrow afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

penexpers wrote: »
    Hints on his twitter that there'll be a ride of some sorts tomorrow afternoon.

Hope he waits till about 5pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭TurloughT

Saw him today, blanked him.
    (well, sorta blanked him back ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Just back from a spin. As I descended down Edmondstown Rd, a guy was climbing wearing full Livestrong kit. I didn't catch whether it was Lance. The guy waved, but I was going too fast to catch a face. I will kick myself if this was LA. Only other thing I caught was a red bike - couldn't make out was it a trek.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭lyders

From LA's twitter:

Long yet awesome day at the LS summit. Thx to all who attended and contributed. Too tired to ride this afternoon. Maybe tomorrow....??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

ha ha, the phoeno will be chocker tomorrow, wait and see

p.s, ill be there ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Here we go
    Good morning Dublin. Who wants to ride this afternoon? I do. 5:30 pm @ the roundabout of Fountain Rd and Chesterfield Ave. See you there..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Here we go

May Dublin Fred fest begin !

• Advertisement

Anyone want to lend me a bike. Most of my bikes are in various states of disrepair :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Anyone want to lend me a bike. Most of my bikes are in various states of disrepair :(

You can borrow mine if you can be bothered to come out to Clonsilla to collect. Not sure how tall you are, it's a 56 with a 110mm stem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Here we go

Forgot my "Livestrong" geansey!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

Is your Big Dummy in service? You could give a photo journalist a ride! I think I might bring the kids up on the trike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

I'll be there on the hybrid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Deadly, I'm gonna surf the banana in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

May Dublin Fred fest begin !
    a fat fred fest ! lol:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

So who's gonna 'accidentally' lose control of their bike and take him out? Need to be someone fast, else I'd volunteer myself :)

Good and bad.

At least he picked a place that I would normally be on my commute home around that time.

Bad - now my commute home will be full of freds and wannabies. Also, people will assume that I am there for this lovein, instead of just cycling home.

Given that he couldnt make it up Patricks Hill, maybe we should ask him to cycle up Knockmaron Hill in Chapelizod a few times.

BTW, will there be a stop for cake,
    ps - will he wait for Blorg!!!!

Apparently Lance, like many famous people, when he says 5.30pm, actually means about 6.10. So maybe Blorg will be on time afterall?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭Liamo08

Any idea how many showed up for the spin he did in Edinburgh? If a few hundred show up tonight it'll be chaos in the Park.

Liamo08 wrote: »
    Any idea how many showed up for the spin he did in Edinburgh? If a few hundred show up tonight it'll be chaos in the Park.

Couple of hundred according to this report.

Also note the bit that says.....

"Lance arrived late at the hotel and basically got straight on his bike," said Mr Stewart."

Is he going to cycle across from the Four Seasons, I wonder.

Roughly 300 showed up in Scotland.

Bet we'll beat that hands down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Moral dilemma: I hate the prick but for some reason I wanna go.

tunney wrote: »

Ooooh, man crush alert!

Could be quite a day for you. Cycling with LA plus a few hundred freds on hybrids, with compacts and triples.

Will you be wearing boards gear?

I wouldn't say I hate him, but I'm feeling strangely conflicted about going - on the one hand, I'll be late home because I'll have to hang around town......

.......on the other hand maybe touching the hem of jacket will cure me of my bald spot......

I'd like if he cycle across from the Four Seasons - it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to beat him in a "commuter race"!!

I can't believe it though, today I wore my baggy shorts for the first time in years. Can't believe Lance is gonna see me in them :(

• Advertisement

Raam wrote: »
    I can't believe it though, today I wore my baggy shorts for the first time in years. Can't believe Lance is gonna see me in them :(

Its ok, LA will probably be wearing black socks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

Jawgap wrote: »
    I wouldn't say I hate him, but I'm feeling strangely conflicted about going - on the one hand, I'll be late home because I'll have to hang around town......

.......on the other hand maybe touching the hem of jacket will cure me of my bald spot......

I'd like if he cycle across from the Four Seasons - it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to beat him in a "commuter race"!!

Commuter race with Lance now there is an interesting thought!

How long does he cycle for? I'm assuming it's just a few laps of the park?

ROK ON wrote: »
    Its ok, LA will probably be wearing black socks.

well that answers that, I'm not cycling with a fcuking fred

ROK ON wrote: »
    Could be quite a day for you. Cycling with LA plus a few hundred freds on hybrids, with compacts and triples.

Will you be wearing boards gear?

Wearing boards gear? What do you think? :)

I'm heading home at lunch to change bike, I'll be there on my P2c with 404 front, disc rear, aero helmet and booties..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,460 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Raam wrote: »

time to go shopping at lunchtime !

dont think i'll make it finish work 5:30 drive for 4 hours damn think i'll have missed it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭Liamo08

alfalad wrote: »
    Commuter race with Lance now there is an interesting thought!

How long does he cycle for? I'm assuming it's just a few laps of the park?

He did 90 minutes along back roads in Scotland so it might not just be a few laps. I'm loving the moral dilemmas some of you lads are having :p.
    It should be a bit of a laugh if nothing else, it would be priceless if he set a really high pace and gave everyone out for a gentle spin a proper roasting.

• Advertisement

He did 90 minutes along back roads in Scotland so it might not just be a few laps. I'm loving the moral dilemmas some of you lads are having :p.
    It should be a bit of a laugh if nothing else, it would be priceless if he set a really high pace and gave everyone out for a gentle spin a proper roasting.

Based on his ToI I'd be pretty happy that he's as soft as a pillow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,460 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

think thats pretty much what happened in scotland

Not to be a spolisport, but this is a very very bad idea.

Several hundred cyclists, in the Phoenix Park before 6pm.
    Chaos.

The park is really really busy with cars most evenings around that time.

Any of the backroads from the park (say toward Maynooth direction) are also pretty busy with commuter traffic.

This is a recepie for disaster.

I mean the level of road awareness shown by many cyclists at the WW200 was porr and that was a marshalled event on roads with very little car traffic.

I will be staying away from this fredfest - likely to all end in tears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭leftism

Did anyone let Paul Kimmage know about this?

I'd say he'd be well up for a spin round the Phoenix Park.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

He's here for cancer awareness. Kinda made a big statement and might even make the news the chaos caused at rush hour for the cause.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

leftism wrote: »
    Did anyone let Paul Kimmage know about this?

I'd say he'd be well up for a spin round the Phoenix Park.....

David Walsh might be round as well!

90 min that should just about get him out of the city and back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

I doubt he would advertise Phoenix Park Bike Hire if he were going to give us a proper roasting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭leftism

Hungrycol wrote: »
    He's here for cancer awareness.

Never understood what "awareness" really meant....

I think most people were fairly "aware" of cancer before Lance showed up!

I'd be far happier if the goal of Livestrong was to provide support for cancer research rather than cancer awareness. I'm pretty sure we've got the awareness thing covered anyways. Just need to worry about the cure now...

I'll be on my way home from town around 6 so i might drop into the park and check out the mayhem!

We should erect a giant steel effigy of a syringe somewhere in the park to commemorate the occasion. Kinda like the Pope's Cross....

Completely off topic, did anyone else used to call the Wellington Monument in the park "Cleopatra's Needle" or is that only something the local Inchicore people used to call it???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I'd be far happier if the goal of Livestrong was to provide support for cancer research rather than cancer awareness. I'm pretty sure we've got the awareness thing covered anyways. Just need to worry about the cure now...

I think the idea is that awareness increases fundraising but also promotes testicle-tweaking, prostate-prodding, scans, TUBEs and so on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

Any idea how many showed up for the spin he did in Edinburgh?

It was Paisley, which is outside Glasgow.

@ leftism, awareness putting it back into peoples minds. It about reminding people of the seriousness of the illness. The donations he receives (and puts in himself) to help find a cure or comfort those that have terminal cancer can only be aplauded. If I was him I'd use my notierity to raise money for a good cause too.

Never understood what "awareness" really meant....

I think most people were fairly "aware" of cancer before Lance showed up!

I'll be on my way home from town around 6 so i might drop into the park and check out the mayhem!

We should erect a giant steel effigy of a syringe somewhere in the park to commemorate the occasion. Kinda like the Pope's Cross....

Completely off topic, did anyone else used to call the Wellington Monument in the park "Cleopatra's Needle" or is that only something the local Inchicore people used to call it???

I think there is a lot awareness about cancer but a lot of reluctance to talk about it - esp male cancers and esp in Ireland!! I think he's done some good to correct that.

Anyway, on to the meaty topic - Cleopatra's needle was in London - I take it calling the Wellington monument that is something the locals picked up from the British Army!!!:)

http://twitter.com/irishcycling/statuses/3531987745
    Warned him [Armstrong] about all u cycIing nuts that are going to converge in the park this evening. He doesn't know what he's letting himself in for!

LOL, totally true!

I can't go so tell him Hungrycol says hi! Oh and ask him to spell his pronunciation of "Mooneyham"!!

It's Ok I found it here. Nice early insight into LA in 1994!

http://outside.away.com/magazine/0794/947flanc_2.html

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement