Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Vodafone] Setting up the ISP APN with Windows Mobile 6.1

• 18-08-2009 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi just got a Samsung Omnia II and I was trying to connect it to the internet. So, I called vodafone and they did their usual settings downloads to my phones and then when that didn't work sent me out an email with settings. So when that didn't work I phoned them back. I was then asked for the 4th time what the phone was, she went away for a while to talk to an "expert" and came back and said oh, that phone is not supported by Vodafone, there were problems with it and internet usage that's why we don't have it, but we can offer you an upgrade.....

So, I went off and did it myself, then when I phoned back to tell them they are idiots, the girl on the phone started defending them saying we can't guarantee handsets can't be supported...blah, blah. Point I was trying to make but she wouldn't listen of course, is they are idiots and they are telling me rubbish because they couldn't be bothered doing their job, its standard protocol, why wouldn't it work . Well I know a senior sales manager in Vodafone, he might be interested in how the customer service try and drive long time customers away..

Anyway if anyone has the issue (its not rocket science as you can see below)

Basically what I have done is:
    1. Start - Settings
    2. Advanced Settings
    3. Connection
    4. Browser Connections
    5. Uncheck Automatically Detect Network Settings
    6. Select Network INTERNET

1.1 Go back to menu displayed on step 2 above
    1.2 Click connections
    1.3 Add a new Modem connection
    1.4 Enter Connection Name
    1.5 Select Cellular(GPRS)
    1.6 Enter the Access Point (isp.vodafone.ie)
    1.7 click next
    1.8 User Name "vodafone"
    1.9 password "vodafone"
    1.10 Finish

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Sorry to hear about the debacle you had with Vodafone. As others have experienced issues like this, one of the Boards mods decided to add the Windows Mobile 6.1 settings in the FAQs section several months ago in case any users, like yourself, had such an experience and/or needed help.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Hammerman

What a great idea, maybe some of Vodafone staff should be reading it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Hammerman wrote: »

To be honest, Vodafone aren't the only operator that need to read it. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Hammerman wrote: »

Perhaps you should have read it first before coming on here to vent about Vodafone.

And you call them idiots?

Quite frankly, I think your attitude stinks. Do you seriously expect a support agent to know everything about all phones, especially when they don't support that particular model?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Thanks for reinventing the wheel OP. I'm locking this thread now. Drop me a PM if there's any issues.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement