Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Place for Breakfast?

Options
  • 18-08-2009 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭

Im living in the south-city centre and was wondering do anyone know a decent place for brekkie of a Sat or Sunday. I got the full Irish in the Lombard there on Pearce St. last weekend and it was average enough. I know Gammells in Ranelagh has the best breakfast roll in town - they are beautiful though a bit dearer than your normal one at over a fiver.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Warper wrote: »
    Im living in the south-city centre and was wondering do anyone know a decent place for brekkie of a Sat or Sunday. I got the full Irish in the Lombard there on Pearce St. last weekend and it was average enough. I know Gammells in Ranelagh has the best breakfast roll in town - they are beautiful though a bit dearer than your normal one at over a fiver.

If you want the whole she-bang then you need to go to Del Rio's on Abbey Street, directly across from the theatre. It's not open Sundays though.

If you in and around the same area as me and i suspect you are (I live on Lombard St, off Pearse St) then i can safely tell you that you can now, no longer get a decent breakfast or breakfast roll around here for love nor money. Del Rios is the closest otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Best breakfast under 10 euro in City Centre - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055596233

BIG BIG breakfast in Dublin - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055651924

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭palance

Try YumYums on Camden Street. Best breakfast in Dublin IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Anto McC wrote: »
    If you want the whole she-bang then you need to go to Del Rio's on Abbey Street, directly across from the theatre. It's not open Sundays though.

If you in and around the same area as me and i suspect you are (I live on Lombard St, off Pearse St) then i can safely tell you that you can now, no longer get a decent breakfast or breakfast roll around here for love nor money. Del Rios is the closest otherwise.
    You mean you don't consider O'Donoghues breakfast rolls to be good?? for shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

try the restaurant royale on stephen street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Crash wrote: »
    You mean you don't consider O'Donoghues breakfast rolls to be good?? for shame.

I don't know where O'Donoghues is, there is no O'Donoghues in my locality. Unless you mean O'Donovans on Pearse St itself, beside Mahaffys/The Lombard? If so they used to be amazing but the last few times they were rubbish

Advertisement