Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Phones Ireland? (Unlocked / Sim Free)

• 18-08-2009 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

The past few days been looking to get a Samsung Jet S8000 Sim Free but the websites selling it the cheapest all seem to be in the UK.

I have looked on Ebay but the cheapest there are in China. The UK sellers I'm not too keen to buy from as have had issues getting one or two phones repaired by the MPRC after buying from Ebay.

Pixmania.ie I see but are they actually based here? Expansys.ie I see also but their prices seem very high. Carphonewarehouse sim free prices also seem very very high.

So, are there any actual Irish based websites selling sim free / unlocked mobile phones? I mean sites where their stock is actually based and shipped from here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

i would imagine myself that carphonewarehouse would be your best bet specially if something goes wrong you have you receipt too lik and a warranty with themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

RVN10 wrote: »
    i would imagine myself that carphonewarehouse would be your best bet specially if something goes wrong you have you receipt too lik and a warranty with themselves

The prices are astronomical though. €399 for one locked to O2 and I wouldn't even pay that for an unlocked / sim free one.

Strange, the UK is full of websites / businesses selling sim free phones but any I find that look to be based here seem to be a rip-off.

see the prob with ireland we get ripped off left right and center and any phone I'v bought in the Uk has had nothing but problems but that could just be my luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

RVN10 wrote: »
    see the prob with ireland we get ripped off left right and center and any phone I'v bought in the Uk has had nothing but problems but that could just be my luck.

I heard that the UK company Phones4u was coming over here last year but I guess with the 'down-turn' they changed their plans.

Don't blame them. Help my brother run a small courier business and it is as dead as dead can be. Nothing, nada, zip the past few months ..

Work is there but you'd need to spend a wad on advertising these days in order to compete with everyone who have dropped their prices in order to stay afloat.

Maybe we should get into the mobile phone selling business :)

Actually, I did sell quite a few phones on Ebay two years ago. Made some money in the hey days of the celtic tiger but then I was on the receiving end of some chargebacks and it took about three months profit from me.

The guy bought seven N95's three weeks after they first came out ..

The card wasn't stolen but whatever way he had it rigged, when he signed for them he wrote another person's name and so PayPal and his back allowed a chargeback.

PayPal were on my side but his bank were on his :(

Phones4U were advertising jobs there in Tipperary not so long ago but as you said that prob went down the pan but i even seen it myself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement