Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Go Ireland Photo competition

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

ooh interesting! must get snap happy soon then!
    thanks for the link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

You're basically signing over most of your rights to your pic from what I can see from the terms and conditions. Some free images for the John Hinde company! I'll pass...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

daycent wrote: »
    You're basically signing over most of your rights to your pic from what I can see from the terms and conditions. Some free images for the John Hinde company! I'll pass...

Can we just take it as a given that the t&c's in these competitions mean the company running the competition have rights to the images, each and every one of these threads goes down the same route!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/into-the-west--captures-the-real-spirit--of-ireland-1863123.html?start=3
    Er lol, results already!
    I like none of the 3 pictures, they look more like paintings and not like photographs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭latchiko

Those are the reults of last years competition - it looks like there's a long wait in store for anyone who enters this year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/into-the-west--captures-the-real-spirit--of-ireland-1863123.html?start=3
    Er lol, results already!
    I like none of the 3 pictures, they look more like paintings and not like photographs.

I dunno, that achill island one, at least from the thumbnail, looks really nice, if 'nice' is what you're looking for in a picture. They're all so unashamedly digital though. Blown out cloudscapes on the lot of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

latchiko wrote: »
    Those are the reults of last years competition - it looks like there's a long wait in store for anyone who enters this year!

By BRIAN HUTTON

Wednesday August 19 2009

A photograph of a horse and rider galloping across a beach under the Mourne Mountains was yesterday unveiled as the winning entry in a contest to capture the spirit of Ireland.

Well the way they've worded it to most people that would look like this years, I mean "was yesterday unveiled as the winning entry"

When you get to last paragraph all becomes erm almost crystal clear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

If you look on the site, it's pretty clear that the winners in the papers are the 2008 winners: linky
    looks like they wont be in a calendar until 2010. so that means 2011 for this years entrants! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I tried to submit an image, but following the upload, I got taken to the submission page with no thanks/recognition of my entry. Anyone else experience this?

Can we just take it as a given that the t&c's in these competitions mean the company running the competition have rights to the images, each and every one of these threads goes down the same route!

Yeah I know, but this seems a bit over the top:
    by entering the competition the candidate grants to Gulliver Ireland and Nova Rentacar Reservations Limited a royalty free, irrevocable, perpetual, assignable licence to publish and use the entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity purposes. In particular the candidate licenses Gulliver Ireland the right to feature their photograph on the GoIreland.com web site. The candidate waives all moral rights they may have to the photograph as a condition of entry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

daycent wrote: »
    Yeah I know, but this seems a bit over the top:

I think it could be classified as a competition for whore photographers ;-)

Valentia wrote: »
    I think it could be classified as a competition for whore photographers ;-)

Hmmm.... whore photographer.... there could be money in that :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Carrigman

The three photos featured in the Indo article are simply appalling. The judging of most of these public competitions is a joke.

Advertisement