Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamescon 09

Options
  • 18-08-2009 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭

Quite. Is anyone paying attention to this? I myself will be watching IGN's live blog of the Sony press confrence tonight every minute. I want to find out what this "untitled product" they have is!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Sega said they have a RTS announcement, so either we are looking at a new Total War game or one of the TW games going to consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Epic news:
    There's a massive screen blazing with light in front of me (go figure) and a huge sign in front of the stage says "The game is just the start." I suspect this implies that Sony is entering the space travel industry.

Oh ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Nothing big so far, though they have mentioned that the PAL regions are getting a video store this November.

I'm reading it on: http://kotaku.com/5339926/sony-2009-gamescom-presser-liveblog-spectacular

Digital comics for PSP. Nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Anyone know where I can watch it?

Have only been able to find text feeds myself.

• Advertisement

If you get the PSPGo between the 1st and the 10th of October and register, you get Gran Turismo PSP for free!?

Very good news.

Otacon wrote: »
    If you get the PSPGo between the 1st and the 10th of October and register, you get Gran Turismo PSP for free!?

Very good news.

But i already have a PHAT :'(

Announce the Slim already ffs :P

Some PS3 games would be nice too.

PS3 Slim is coming in the first week of September.

Same features and function. 120 gb drive 33 percent smaller, 36 percent lighter. And its 299 ($ and €)

The current PS3 SKU will be priced this way from tomorrow!

BOOM, bet it looks like a gimmicky plastic shell though.

Price down to 299 euro, wowzers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Not been much from Gamescon so far today: a bit more news on Mass Effect 2, Dantes Inferno out Feb 20 2010, Brutal Legend and NFS:Shift demos out 17th September

Sony conference just ended, mainly "Sony is awesome, PS2 sold lots and is great, PSGo is great, HOME is the BESTEST thing EVAR" type marketing self-felation. And 11million PSN users in Europe....wow.....almost a third of your total userbase....great.....hows about giving us a decent version of it then??

Any word on if the PS3 Slim is BC?

None. But Firmware 3.0 has been announced and there's no BC in it

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/08/18/playstation-3-firmware-v3-00-update/
    PlayStation 3 (PS3) firmware update (v3.00) adds a number of great new features that we’re excited to share with you. The latest update incorporates changes that improve navigation on your PS3. First, you’ll notice some cosmetic changes to the design of the XMB (Xross Media Bar). We’ve enhanced the look and feel of the XMB so that it’s easier and even more intuitive to use. We’ve also added network improvements and personalization options to help enhance your PS3 experience.

Additional highlights from update 3.00 include:
    - “What’s New” – The “Information Board” will be replaced with a “What’s New” section, which allows you to enjoy interactive PlayStation news every time you start the PS3 system. Located under the PlayStation Network icon, “What’s New” displays the latest and greatest game, video, PlayStation Network and PlayStation news and releases, as well as your recently played games, in a sleek, new animated format.

- Status Indicator – In the top right corner we’ve added an indicator bar, which displays your user icon, friend icon, the number of friends you have online and a small message icon to let you know if you have any new messages. The indicator also includes a scrolling ticker that features the latest news from PlayStation Network. In addition, when you press the PS button, the battery life indicator will no longer cover up the clock.

- Friends List – Now your PlayStation Network friends will appear in a slightly redesigned format on your Friends List. Also, messages will now be viewable from each of your friends’ respective profiles.

- PlayStation Store Shortcuts – We’ve added a handy shortcut icon to the PlayStation Store under both the Game and Video categories so you can access the latest content quickly and easily.

- Personalization – Personalize your PS3 with new dynamic custom themes and avatars. Dynamic themes as well as free and premium avatars will be available through PlayStation Store. A dynamic theme takes your screen to a whole new level as it incorporates animated objects into the background.

- Trophies – Showcasing your hard earned trophies just got better. Update 3.00 gives game developers the ability to modify how they display trophies for add-on content. Base and add-on game trophies will continue to be combined into a single list so you can see where you stand in a game as a whole. Within that list, trophies will be broken out into subcategories—base trophies and add-on trophies—that way, you can easily view the percentage of your base game trophy collection, and separately track your trophy progress in add-on packs. Look for this enhancement to be included in upcoming games.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

theres also a quakelive competition at this \o/

Advertisement