Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics Designer in the Cork area

Options
  • 18-08-2009 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi,

I am hoping to find an inexpensive graphics designer in the Cork area who may be available to help us with one project over the next few days.

The company I work for doesn't have an in-house graphics designer, so we basically just need someone to take a design we have in mind (graphics and text ready) and format it correctly in Photoshop to some precise requirements.

We may also have some more graphics design work over the next few weeks and months, so it would be very useful to have a contact that we could call on if needed.

It would be great if anyone had any recommendations!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

It'll be tough to find someone who will just 'touch up' your work.

Most designers actually do full logo designs from scratch, so it's a bit like going to an architect with your house already designed. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

What exactly is the project? Text out of photoshop isn't the best for printing, technically speaking.

Is this for a print job or a web job?

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

As p said, a graphic designer presents and develops ideas for you, they don't just use photoshop to work your ideas. What you're looking for is known as a 'mac monkey', just look for someone with the necessary software skills & production knowledge and you should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

I agree with the others here. If you want well designed work a professional graphic designer should design from scratch. They will have studies graphic design for 3 or 4 years and this is their area of expertise.

However, he could simply mean that they will supply text and images. A potential client isn't to know what software should be for particular job that for the designer to know and decide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

There are designers that work as "Finishers" taking a piece designed and polishing it for output.

My concern is restricting them to photoshop - surely the designer will know and have the best tool to do the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Musicinmouth, if this is for print then I'd just advise going directly to a printer with what you have, they will have a graphic designer/artworker who can do exactly what you need in a way which is suited to their systems. This is cheaper, quicker and more convenient than involving a third party.

Be open to the idea that what you've come up with may not be that great, don't take it personally if the graphic designer suggests something else - they are professionals who are trained to give you the most effective design solution (this may not necessarily equate with 'what you like').

Advertisement