Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie/Youtube/Bebo on from on-campus villages

Options
  • 18-08-2009 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭

Just wondering weather these sites are accessable off the ul network and from plassey,
    Ive a feeling their probaly blocked im just wondering if im going to need mobile BB (cause its another bloody expense)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

I didn't buy a book at all in first year, first book I bought was in second year and cost €50. That's still the only one I've bought so far, all the books I needed and a lot more are in the library so I don't think there's any need to buy any really. Depends on your course I suppose, I'm doing engineering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 DozeyRozey

Secoundrow wrote: »
    Just wondering weather these sites are accessable off the ul network and from plassey,
    Ive a feeling their probaly blocked im just wondering if im going to need mobile BB (cause its another bloody expense)

They're not blocked :D. Youtube can be a bit iffy sometimes and the songs can take a while to buffer, but most of the time it's spot on.

All that they block you from is Limewire or any illegal download torrents (whatever they're called).

Unless they have made changes this year, it should be the same. When you go to the library, you can use the broadband there too. You should be fine :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭alexcorb1991

DozeyRozey wrote: »
    They're not blocked :D. Youtube can be a bit iffy sometimes and the songs can take a while to buffer, but most of the time it's spot on.

All that they block you from is Limewire or any illegal download torrents (whatever they're called).

Unless they have made changes this year, it should be the same. When you go to the library, you can use the broadband there too. You should be fine :cool:

Are you telling me isohunt isn't accessible:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 83,413 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

tbh, Respect your Uni's connection.

It only takes one asshat to download 20GB of crap for the Server Administrator to say "**** This." and remove access for Everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Is there wireless internet access in all the individual dorm rooms on the onsite accommodation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

JoseJones wrote: »
    I didn't buy a book at all in first year, first book I bought was in second year and cost €50. That's still the only one I've bought so far, all the books I needed and a lot more are in the library so I don't think there's any need to buy any really. Depends on your course I suppose, I'm doing engineering.
    What...ha wrong thread?

Um ya your blocked from downloading from torrents etc but downloading from websites is grand.

Was downloading a game off megaupload and was getting speeds of 2.6MB per second, so trust me you'll have no problem with the internet in UL
    That aside it does go down on occasion which can be very annoying and don't get me started on the printers.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

1huge1 wrote: »
    What...ha wrong thread?

Um ya your blocked from downloading from torrents etc but downloading from websites is grand.

Was downloading a game off megaupload and was getting speeds of 2.6MB per second, so trust me you'll have no problem with the internet in UL
    That aside it does go down on occasion which can be very annoying and don't get me started on the printers.

:confused: I think the OP actually just edited his original post and thread title from a question about buying books to a completely unrelated one about bebo.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

JoseJones wrote: »
    :confused: I think the OP actually just edited his original post and thread title from a question about buying books to a completely unrelated one about bebo.:rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Ya sorry bout that probaly shud of just made a new thread:o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Secoundrow wrote: »
    :rolleyes: Ya sorry bout that probaly shud of just made a new thread:o
    That might well make infinitely more sense. Especially when someone has replied to your original post (but not just then). While I'm frequently concerned about the work the universe's electrons have to be doing, they're not completely overworked yet:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

When i was in thoman me and my flatmates would just chip in for a rapidshare account. The internet was fast as hell so it was usually a movie in about a minute....beats torrents hands down anyday!

• Advertisement
Advertisement