Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap diesel

Options
  • 18-08-2009 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I can buy cheap diesel in the city or out the Connemara side of town? I was in Tuam a couple of weeks ago and there was a place selling it for 99c, but the cheapest I've seen in town recently was about 1.05, and my nearest petrol station in Moycullen is 1.08 today! I can't understand the big difference around the county.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

be very very careful with cheap diesel, we got some from a certain (no names mentioned) station in Gort, and it was dirty diesel, basically red diesel with the colour taken out, we had to get a new fuel pump, along with a lot of other people.
    to check prices try www.pumps.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭dantbyhid

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

be very very careful with cheap diesel, we got some from a certain (no names mentioned) station in Gort, and it was dirty diesel, basically red diesel with the colour taken out, we had to get a new fuel pump, along with a lot of other people.
    to check prices try www.pumps.ie
    Washed or Republican Brand Diesel will make ****e of a modern engine. Keep every receipt for diesel and don't but it anywhere it's suspiciously cheap, there were two places busted a couple of years ago in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Buy mine from Corrib Oil, never had a problem (but their tanks ARE old) - it's the cheapest in the city I think

If you *really* want cheap diesel, buy it in bulk. I buy diesel for my off-road machines in 1500 litre fills, I save anything from 10-15% of the pump price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Where are they located??

• Advertisement

Where are they located??

Tuam Road

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

..but I thought corrib oil was in the corrib :confused:

snubbleste wrote: »
    ..but I thought corrib oil was in the corrib :confused:

And how did you think cars/trucks/oil trucks got to it? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭weepee

Whats Republican Brand Diesel ?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

weepee wrote: »
    Whats Republican Brand Diesel ?
    Laundered diesel with a sideline in "political fundraising".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭weepee

Robbo wrote: »
    Laundered diesel with a sideline in "political fundraising".

A right. I wonder if the 'politicals' know this. No doubt no law abiding Galway filling station would do such a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭padraig71

Thanks for the tip about pumps.ie. Is there anything similar available for comparison of heating oil prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

fairly sure Tigh Neil's in Inverin had diesel at 102.9 when I passed it this morning. Unleaded's been creeping up, but diesel price seems fairly steady.

Advertisement