Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5800 Problem...

• 18-08-2009 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi guys, I've just got a question about my 5800 that needs some help resolving :confused:

I bought my 5800 about two months ago on Meteor Pay As You Go as an upgrade & previous to that I had to get a new sim card (not a new number) because of 3G problems I had with other phones so I popped that in the Nokia & all was well... Until now :rolleyes:

Since Wednesday night I can't receive texts and the only way I can receive them is if I turn my phone off & back on again. Then my phone also doesn't seem to register my messages sending as no delivery reports are logged if I send a text. I know that some people do receive my texts but not until a while after.

Now I looked this up on the internet & it seems to be a common problem with the phone, people were told to disable logs and turn them back on and that worked for some people but not for me. Also a complete factory reset but I don't know how to back up my phone data & stuff & I don't want to be doing that all the time the phone has a glitch.

I rang up Meteor Customer Care & they told me to bring the phone into the shop but I have a bit of a mad schedule at the mo & can't really get into the city so I just wanted to know if anyone could spread any light on the problem!

Thanks a mill!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Well as a starting point you can backup everything on the phone using nokia pc suite and the backup function. You can download it from here: http://europe.nokia.com/get-support-and-software/download-software/nokia-pc-suite

If you need some help or advice using it just post back here and someone will give you more info on it.

Also what firmware version do you have on the phone? You can check if your not sure by typing *#0000# into the phone. It will be V21 or something similar

Advertisement