Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shadowrun PC! (Vs SNES)

Options
  • 18-08-2009 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

Greetings,

Anyone played both of these games? I was a big fan of shadowrun on the snes (I guess this is over a decade ago). I saw it was re-released on the PC.

Anyone know if its any good ?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The PC game is a multiplayer only 3rd person shooter. Nothing like the SNES shadowrun RPG. If you want a shadowrun fix you should check out shadowrun on the megadrive. It's completely different to the SNES game. It's very open ended like the fallout games and some say it's better than the SNES game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

The PC version is multiplayer only. It's pretty much a poor mans Unreal Tournament. Gave up on it after a few days.

EDIT: *best Kirk impression* retr0000000, save your ninja skills for the SFIV tourny

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not sure if I can make it this week unfortunately :/ I might be getting drunk in drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Why'd they go and do that?

Shadowrun was great!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The recent PC/360 version is a great Counterstrike clone with some brilliantly balanced gameplay and maps, and people only got snotty about it because it's not an RPG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

people only got snotty about it because it's not an RPG.

Well I never completed the original and didn't play enough of it to form an opinion. At the time of the PC version I was heavily playing UT04 and I asked myself "is this better or as much fun as UT04"... the answer was a definitive no.

Advertisement