Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learner Drivers in Ireland

• 18-08-2009 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi there,

I was just wondering if learner driver can drive in Ireland because I see loads of L-Plates drivers on the road? I have my provisional Licence and have a car as well but I am not driving. And also I would like to know what must I do to apply for my full licence. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Create a thread over in Learning to Drive.

In answer to your questions. Unless you are accompanied by someone who has held their full driving license for at least 2 years, you cannot legally drive on public roads.
    You need to apply for, and pass, a Driving test in order to get a full license. You can do this online at: http://www.drivingtest.ie
    However you must have held your provisional/learner permit for at least 6 months before sitting the test. You can apply whenever you like.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement