Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Student Broadband

• 18-08-2009 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

Hi just wondering does anyone know the 'reference number' from letters of UPC for 10mb student broadband?

Just trying to order it there and they said it cant go through without a reference number.

Any help appriecated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

donmeister wrote: »
    Hi just wondering does anyone know the 'reference number' from letters of UPC for 10mb student broadband?

Just trying to order it there and they said it cant go through without a reference number.

Any help appriecated!

Is it not just a case you have to prove your a student to avail of the offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

I wouldn't exactly call it an offer either. NTL/UPC have just caught on to the fact that most students just pay for broadband/tv for 9 months and then feck off home without paying the cancellation charge so they've decided to hike their prices for the 9 months instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

DingDong wrote: »
    Is it not just a case you have to prove your a student to avail of the offer?

Nope the guy on the phone just wanted said reference code as they send out letters to some houses? :confused: It was all very confusing.......

From the T&C quote "SBO2009-Student Broadband Offer" to avail of it.
    friendface Why don't you think its a good offer? There is no hike in price for 9 months you just get the last 3 month free. I don't see anything wrong with this you can always transfer the account to your home when college is finished.
    http://www.upc.ie/broadband/student/

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭donal.hunt

it's slightly misleading on their site because they assume students will just buy the broadband package and have included the €6 fee for broadband without a tv subscription.

what i don't get is they don't appear to have a tv+broadband deal for students. So it's likely students going for tv+broadband will end up with the 12-month minimum contract issue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 carf

it seems you can order TV and broadband together, if you just order the same broadband (€22 when with TV) but not on the student broadband page, then put in that code in the Store Code box when you're paying. Haven't tried this yet but it looks like it should work.

If you want to sweeten the student BB deal sign up through carphone warehouse for 20Mb BB and get a laptop(Asus EEEPC Netbook ) for 1 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

Just contacted UPC today having signed up for their broadband package in October awaiting my 3 months free internet for the next 3 months. Instead of getting the month free, I got a discount of €8. I rang up Customer Care and they're telling me that I was getting the last 3 months of the second year for free, not the first year. That isn't write, but I've no copy of my contract to prove it.

I'm a little incredulous at the moment. I was always under the impression it was on a year to year basis. I could rationalise why a student would not purchase a two year contract, but I don't think that's necessary.

I don't think I'm thick enough for them to run that one by me, but then again I was stupid enough not to keep hold of my contract.

Any advice?

I asked her why I'd gotten an €8 discount, she said it was just a kind act on their part. Sounds dodgy as ****

Advertisement