Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you....

Options
  • 18-08-2009 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭

Would you buy a house now or invest in a business?

Namely a business which is small but with a healthy turnover and a tidy profit, and a reasonably long lease left.......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Depends on the business, but I defo wouldn't buy a house now!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Would you buy a house now or invest in a business?

Namely a business which is small but with a healthy turnover and a tidy profit, and a reasonably long lease left.......

If I was investing a business at the moment- and I was told there was a reasonably long lease left- before I signed anything over- I'd be seeking a significant renegotiation of the lease (commercial rents are in freefall- landlords are offering exceedingly generous terms to tenants).

If the business is continuing to be profitable in the current climate- it sounds like a fairly rock solid business. Get someone who knows what they're looking at to examine the books for you though.

Advertisement