Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Networking & Security Masters?

• 18-08-2009 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

Anyone done this MSc? Was it any good?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

It's a new course starting this year but V. Ryan is highly recommended. Good Lecturer. I never done it by lots of my class done it. They enjoyed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭magicwand

Webmonkey wrote: »
    It's a new course starting this year but V. Ryan is highly recommended. Good Lecturer. I never done it by lots of my class done it. They enjoyed it.

Sorry webmonkey dont understand your post...its a new course starting this year but your class done it?

No probs. I've completed my degree now but some of my class mates done Security module. Now they are developing a security masters. I think it is going ahead alright. There is a load of interest in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭mewmoo

Made an application to it... haven't heard a thing back from them though. I fairly sure they didn't get enough people on board and are going to run it part time... which sucks

I'm really surprized if they don't have the numbers. Loads of people I know are apparently applying for it. Strange one.

• Advertisement

Webmonkey wrote: »
    I'm really surprized if they don't have the numbers. Loads of people I know are apparently applying for it. Strange one.

I know, I'm going to be insanely disappointed myself... I can't afford to do it if it's part time...

I'm disappointed myself, as my former class mates won't be around now I'd say :(

Did you do COM or DCOM or something?

DNET :) - you?

Elec Eng (electronic).

They have a master starting in our department called Embedded Systems Engineering. It's basically a low level version of what the Networking and Security Masters is about. I'm pretty sick of my department which is why I want to head over to yer side.

• Advertisement

Funny ha. I'm after going over to Electronics side as I find it more interesting but I'll be still doing mainly computer science stuff here I'd say.

I was going to do that Embedded Systems one too as I think it's cool area to go.
    Don't worry, you'll get sick of computing depart as well. They all the same! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

mewmoo wrote: »

They have a master starting in our department called Embedded Systems Engineering. It's basically a low level version of what the Networking and Security Masters is about. I'm pretty sick of my department which is why I want to head over to yer side.

awsoem.

I'll do that in 10 years time.

Advertisement