Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL Rathmines?

Options
  • 18-08-2009 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

LIDL are currently blazing an 'Opening Soon' banner across the building beside TramCo (just opposite ALDI, incidentally).. any one have any idea how soon is soon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭blue movie

its opening 17th dec

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Yeah, there should be some price wars between Dunnes, Aldi and Lidl now!

ah sure there has been for some time now

blue movie wrote: »
    ah sure there has been for some time now

Yup... except that Lidl don't have a store in Rathmines. There is a Tesco a little further up too. I don't think I have ever seen one street to contain all four major retailers.

yes but the price war is hardly going to be more intense just because lidl are opening a rathmines store... good point though i cant think of any street that has the four biggest chains on the one street.... I would say lidl will do very well there although the lack of a car park will turn some people off

• Advertisement

blue movie wrote: »
    yes but the price war is hardly going to be more intense just because lidl are opening a rathmines store... good point though i cant think of any street that has the four biggest chains on the one street.... I would say lidl will do very well there although the lack of a car park will turn some people off

I think you need to take your mind off the aggregate. The price wars are in local areas, not Dublin vs Galway, or even Dundrum vs Tallaght. Identical goods from the same retailer can be sold at varying prices, depending on where they are located. And what dictates the price is local competition. If three of your biggest rivals are just a brisk walk down the street (or directly across the road) then competition will be at its most intense and theory (and empirics) would suggest that prices will be driven down. Given that I live just off Rathmines Road, all I can say is

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

well from my experience working for three of the biggest stores the prices are raised and lowered across a region and not on a store by stor basis and especially in lidl.... the leaflets are distributed across the country and the prices in kilkenny are the same as they will be in rathmines with the exception to the opening weekend obviously.:)

i am glad you are getting excited :D they pay my wages now... get there early on the opening day there are some good offers on electricial on the opening day

I didn't know that. Perhaps the German stores behave differently then.

See you soon!

PS: Congrats on getting work at this time.

I didn't know that. Perhaps the German stores behave differently then.!

They do in more ways than i think you want to know my friend :(

PS: Congrats on getting work at this time.

Cheers it was after the maggies crowd let me go after 6 years service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 kyteenager

does anybody know where can we apply for a job in lidl for rathmines? cause on the site there's nothing about it, although i was at the store, asked where can i apply and the answer was just go on the website :confused:

kyteenager wrote: »
    does anybody know where can we apply for a job in lidl for rathmines? cause on the site there's nothing about it, although i was at the store, asked where can i apply and the answer was just go on the website :confused:
    you have to apply online or through a job agency for jobs in lidl. they do not take CVs in store.
    Excel Recruitment and CPL recruit staff for Lidl but sadly as far as i know rathmines has all the staff they need hired and in training already but apply anyway it cant hurt to get your name out there... lidl will not even consider you though if you are under 18 or have a good handle on reading and writing english

Good luck hope you find something soon

Advertisement