Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hand Blender

Options
  • 18-08-2009 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Ok so I've just made homemade veg soup but the veg are still in lumps.

I bought a hand blender today (never had one before)

So I assumed I would put it in the pot of soup & turn it on? But just as I was about to I thought maybe I shouldnt be putting something electrical into a pot of liquid! (Its plugged in)

Am I being silly ? Is this what I should do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Perfectly OK .. that's what it's designed to do !!! Be careful not to remove it from the pot too far while it's turned on or else you'll spray stuff everywhere though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭alabamawhurley

Thank you, I didnt electrocute myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Perfectly safe, and designed for it as mentioned. The motor would be up high powering a non-conducting or otherwise sealed shaft so there is no worry, no direct metal to metal contact with the electrics. The real worry is the spattering as said, mine is crap and goes everywhere, nasty if hot!

People tend to see lump stuff on top and start moving it up and down and out of the mixture trying to push the top bits down.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I find that tilting the pot slightly and putting the blender into the deeper part of the liquid eliminates the spattering :)

Advertisement