Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Callcards worth anything these days?

Options
  • 18-08-2009 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi ppl, was doin a clear out there and was just looking to see if my old collection of about 200 used call cards are worth anything?

I know that there are a few fairly common ones in the majority but i know that there are some prototype cars and some foreign ones in there aswell.

Hopefully someone will know if they are worth anything or where to go with them.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Hi ppl, was doin a clear out there and was just looking to see if my old collection of about 200 used call cards are worth anything?

I know that there are a few fairly common ones in the majority but i know that there are some prototype cars and some foreign ones in there aswell.

Hopefully someone will know if they are worth anything or where to go with them.

Thanks
    Depending on the quality of them, and how rare some of the cards are, you could get a couple of hundred euro for them. Thats a just a rough estimation though, i'm no valuation expert. I've got close on 700 but only add to them when i have enough money. Its only been ten years since they were common, so if you really want to make a killing on them, wait another 10-15 years and you'll earn a few more quid. In the current recession a lot of people don't have money to be spending on callcard collecting but i'm guessing when the economy improves, people will start buying them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

eBay to check values but as the previous poster says you are better to put them away as an investment and look at them again in ten years. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭ADTR

I have a bunch myself somewhere. I'd hang on to them like everyone has suggested. Ebay prices weren't very encouraging!

Advertisement