Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

m4 fps low

Options
  • 18-08-2009 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

how do u go about incresing it :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,808 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

J4MMY wrote: »
    how do u go about incresing it :confused:

Well how low is it to start with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 J4MMY

last time i had it cheacked 158 fps

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

M90 spring.

last time i had it cheacked 158 fps

What brand of m4 is it? Seems really low for any of the major brands unless you have a major air leak or something, a spring change would bring it up possibly, an ms90 would bring it up to 310/315 or so.

its a d-boys

• Advertisement

its a d-boys

That's pretty low for them they're usually about 300+, could be a botched spring change or a major air leak somewhere. Where was it bought?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

Maybe a drilled nozzle downgrade? If so, new nozzle and spring. I aeg is new return it to retailer to get fixed.

eirsoft

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Mine was shooting around the same fps and I stuck a new hop up unit in it and it bounced back to around 315.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Most likely an airseal issue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭hitman_

last time i had it checked 158 fps

For a Dboys M4, that's low. I'd return it to Eirsoft to get sorted out ...
    Useless for skirmishing. When did you buy it off them ??

that hop unit idea sounds good.:)

i bought it off them before x-mas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭fasterkayote_

Dboys m4 are strong reliable aegs when set up properly, its the mater how they were downgraded. 1) shortened spring 2) drilled or cut nozzle 3) drilled piston 4)downgraded spring 5)mismatched cylinder hole 6)perforated hop up rubber.
    My team techie could tune dboys using m80 spring up to 328s its a matter of balance on everything and doing what is proper and not a 10-15 minute downgrade job. hope this helps.

-this is a matter of personal opinion, views expressed herewith is not directed to any retailer nor technician.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

i bought an aeg just before xmas from eirsoft which was woefully underpowered. turns out it was a drilled nozzel. very nasty. you may have similar problems.

Lads, Nobody's out to bash any particular retailer here.
    Remember what you're buying.
    A cheap Chinese clone AEG is just that, normally you'll get a very good item for not much money.
    Quality control can be spotty at best with some of them.
    You get a good one or a dud/monday morning one.
    Just don't expect G&G quality for Dboys money.
    Eirsoft and other reputable retailers can only cut the cloth to suit what you buy.
    In the end, as with most other things, you get what you pay for.
    Bring it back to the retailer first, then complain on here if you get nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

i wasn't complaining or bashing anyone. just stating. a drilled nozel has nothing to do with chinese clone or yankie custom build, but to do with the downgrading. and it can be done cleanly, or badly. the hole in the nozel i got was near as big as the actual airhole and ragged as all hell. i am not complaining. i simply outlayed the extra funds to import a new nozel. no big deal, but its hardly a case of "you bought chinese crap its not the retailers fault" in my case. it definately is sloppy workmanship and only fair to call it as such. but hey, some people can get away with anything, and others get dragged over hot coals for every corner cut it seems in this sport. personally i will leave the politics to the regular ranters here and treat everyone the same. meantime i will get what i need where i can find it cheapest and with best service and learn from my own personal mistakes as best i can.

i wasn't complaining or bashing anyone. just stating. a drilled nozel has nothing to do with chinese clone or yankie custom build, but to do with the downgrading. and it can be done cleanly, or badly. the hole in the nozel i got was near as big as the actual airhole and ragged as all hell. i am not complaining. i simply outlayed the extra funds to import a new nozel. no big deal, but its hardly a case of "you bought chinese crap its not the retailers fault" in my case. it definately is sloppy workmanship and only fair to call it as such. but hey, some people can get away with anything, and others get dragged over hot coals for every corner cut it seems in this sport. personally i will leave the politics to the regular ranters here and treat everyone the same. meantime i will get what i need where i can find it cheapest and with best service and learn from my own personal mistakes as best i can.

Nothing personal, man. I agree with most of what you say.
    <snip>
    Also, I hate Airsoft politics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭andros

If you have problem with low power might be many faults resulting in similar faults. See for following:

1. Is anything drilled? Nozzle or clinder.
    2. Is HP sitting in the reciver.
    3. Are is the air leaking from hup up. (you will need HP assambly, which you know is 100% working)
    4. Is O-Ring on the piston in good condition.
    5. Spring, might be the anwser as well.

I'm sure, other people on the boards, have somthing I've missed... I check for those first.

Regarding low quality aegs. It's is not an anwser. If you are selling something doesn't matter how low quality it is, you are obligated to provide working product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Not to sound snotty here, or have a go at anyone posting above....but standard Eirsoft policy applies here - Bring it in to us and we'll sort it out. As always. No questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

new spring is your best bet like many have said before, that thing isn't very strong and i got shot with it, kinda my own fault as i shot myself with his gun hahahah point blank in the knee:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement