Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of Drink.

Options
  • 18-08-2009 8:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys and Gals, going to olde Brisbane in a few weeks and just want to know how much will i be paying for a Pint of Guinness? Also how much for those schonner things of beer? How much is a bottle of beer?
    I need this information as ill be drinking hard when i get there:cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Hi Guys and Gals, going to olde Brisbane in a few weeks and just want to know how much will i be paying for a Pint of Guinness? Also how much for those schonner things of beer? How much is a bottle of beer?
    I need this information as ill be drinking hard when i get there:cool:

Melbourne
    Pint = 7-8 Dollars
    Schooner = 4 Dollars Approx
    Longneck = 5-6 Dollars

Sure brissie will be simialar however Mahatma might be a better input for Brissie.

The strange thing is
    Case longnecks in Dan Murphys etc = 38 Dollars / 24 = 1.58 Per Longneck

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

After doin some research on the internet about beer in Aus(god in complicated) i just wanna get drunk:D
    Am i right in saying that a longneck in Aus in 750ml
    a pint 575ml
    a schooner 425ml
    A stubbie 375m ?

So basically if i order a longneck its twice the size of a stubbie so it would be better value to order a longneck instead of a stubbie or even a schooner as its only $5-6 as opposed to $4 for a schooner so by ordering the longneck you are getting lots more beer for just a small bit more money over the schooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

I assumed long neck would just be a bottle of beer
    rather than the ones that are 750ml (I've never seen these being sold in sydney, apart from take outs)

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭terencemc

AND DON'T FORGET A PINT IN SOUTH AUSTRALIA IS 420ML

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

terencemc wrote: »

I wont forget, just please shop shouting at me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,355 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

After doin some research on the internet about beer in Aus(god in complicated) i just wanna get drunk:D
    Am i right in saying that a longneck in Aus in 750ml
    a pint 575ml
    a schooner 425ml
    A stubbie 375m ?
    A longneck is 340ml or so depending on brand. 750ml bottles are available in off-licences, but not popular and i've never seen one in a pub.
    Pints are 570ml and aren't available in alot of places, most irish pubs tend to have them.
    Scooners are 400-425ml, these are what you'll drink most places
    Stubbies are the other bottles, (not long necks)
    There are drinks called pots too, they are a half-pint (285ml).
    terencemc wrote: »
    Well sort of, pots are called scooners, scooners are called pints.
    But normal pints are still available. They're called imperial pints and most irish pubs should have them.

Long neck is your standard irish Longneck 330 - 375

Stubbie is smaller and not as common anymore

The larger bottles are called travellers and not sold as much as longnecks.

If you are planning to go on the drink in bars every day, i would put your alchol expenses at 1000 Bucks a week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Zambia232 wrote: »
    Stubbie is smaller and not as common anymore

large_7854_VB%20Stubbies.jpg

large_7854_VB%20Stubbies.jpg

Hah smartarse :D

Thats not a true stubbie ... however its good to see. This costs the same as a longneck and carries the same amount of beer. I will have to admit this is what you get when you ask for a stubbie in a pub. If you got the smaller stubbie you may as well not leave the bar.

Sadly Im an old fart that remembers when you could buy the samller stubbies that are the same size as the french beer stubbies you buy at Aldis or LIDL.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

Zambia232 wrote: »
    Hah smartarse :D

Thats not a true stubbie ... however its good to see. This costs the same as a longneck and carries the same amount of beer. I will have to admit this is what you get when you ask for a stubbie in a pub. If you got the smaller stubbie you may as well not leave the bar.

Sadly Im an old fart that remembers when you could buy the samller stubbies that are the same size as the french beer stubbies you buy at Aldis or LIDL.

I'll confuse even further :D are they "throw downs" you are referring to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Take a look here might help a bit

ozbeersize.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭603304529

FYI, a 750ml bottle has always been called a "tallie" where I come from...

A stubbie: traditionally a 375 ml VB or XXXX brown bottle with very little neck on it (short and stubbie).
    A tallie: a 750ml VB or XXXX bottle, with a long neck. Hence, a tallie.

Long necks on the XXXX bottles only came out about 5 or maybe 10 years ago. Thats when XXXX started trying to be cool, and gradually stopped making decent beer...

Advertisement