Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

insurance question

• 18-08-2009 8:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭

hi i was toying with the idea of getting a 96/7 bmw m3 im 20 with 2 years no claims and full license 2 years.what are my chances of gettin cover?
    any help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

It'd be worth your while ringing as many brokers/insurers as you can think of and getting some quotes. You're bound to find at least one;)
    It'd say it's going to be pricey though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭keithg89

oh im quite aware it will be pricey but the smile on my face would be worth it:D
    thanks for the reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Try chill.ie they're ok. I got a nice quote off them not too long ago. Sadly lost my job so all was a waste!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

at 26 with 4 years NCB and full license 8 years I cant get insurance on one so that'll tell ya how difficult its gonna be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭keithg89

i got a reply on another forum where someone said they got insured on one at 19 so there is ways around it i suppose:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭pablosd

quinn third party is the only way around it and i know the lad that is 19 and is driving 97 m3 evo, basically he got insured on his 97 a4 tdi, put the m3 on the sisters name, and insured evo on his mother standalone, so basically quinn third party extension allows him to drive any other car as long as its nct'd and taxed and he doesnt own it on the logbook, but if car got stolen or went on fire he still gets his money bak from his mothers policy

i know it could be a bit complicated but i suppose it must be worth it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

What car are you driving currently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

keithg89 wrote: »
    i got a reply on another forum where someone said they got insured on one at 19 so there is ways around it i suppose:D

There always XS Direct. Just don't crash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

betafrog wrote: »
    Just tried them myself, they want three times as much as Quinn with 20x the excess!!!

They quoted 3,700 for a 21 year old on a 1.6.... Doubt an M3 is gonna realistic to insure...

XSDirect don't give realistic quotes on anything below a 2L. I tried a quote for myself on a 1.1 and it came out higher than a quote for a 3L!

Advertisement