Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a part time job, am I entitled to benefit?

Options
  • 18-08-2009 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    I went on the dole last september and in June was switched onto JSA. Just found out I got a part time job in a local toy shop. Im starting at the weekend. Ive been told Il be gettin a 30-40 hour week come October when the Christmas shopping starts, so just wondering will I still be entitled to some dole while Im part time? At the moment I have no idea how many hours a week I'll be doing and it could be different every week.

I was on www.welfare.ie and found they have a part time job incentive scheme, but it said you have to be on JSA for 15 months or more to be eligible, so I dont know if thats the thing Id be applying for or some other part time benefit scheme Im not aware of.

Any help greatly appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

It will depend on how many days you are working. If you are working up to 3 days only, you can go "casual" which means you submit dockets every week to your welfare office stating which days you worked, and you are paid for those days you didn't. However, your earnings will be taken into consideration as means.
    You are best to go into your office and ask at your hatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Jafin

Thanks for the info Carol. Yeah was gonna go into them tomorrow or thursday anyway. Thanks again.

Advertisement