Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cant connect to internet_Nokia 6210

• 18-08-2009 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭

me again!
    i cant connect to internet or to sat nav on my phone, im taking a guess and saying its because its originally from uk, i got it on ebay.

when i try connect to internet or sat nav it says: packet data connection not available

i went to 'look here first' thread and looked at all the settings but i cant figure out what im to do with them, ive searched the phone and cant figure it out. :(

any idea what i should do? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

What network are you on?

++ Edit

I've added a quick guide to setting up the O2 ISP access point on the Nokia n95 8GB phone. This should be similiar to your phone and you can just sub in your networks settings.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61677694&postcount=52

Come back if you have issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

hey, im on vodafone

i tried that but got the same error message. :(

What exactly did you try?

the o2 isp settings you put up but i put in vodafone isp instead, duno if i shuda done that, it made sense at the time lol

So you're on Vodafone Ireland? Has the internet worked in other phones for you?

• Advertisement

yep its always worked for me before, this phone has never worked, only have it a week or two

So you basically follow this guide (I added a Vodafone ISP one) and the options all matched up for you?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61678897&postcount=54

And it's telling you it failed?

Double check you have credit in your phone. It's 19c/MB with this APN.

ive 16.82 credit, def not that.
    yep i put in all those settings, selected 'internet' access point and still got the: packet data connection not available

The APN should be isp.vodafone.ie as per the link, "internet" is the O2 one ..

sorry i didnt notice that, iv changed that now but its still saying the same thing to me about packet data

• Advertisement

When you load up your web browser are you definitely selecting the "O2 ISP" access point?

em no id be picking the vodafone isp no??
    but when i go into web browser it doesnt ask me which access point, iv gone into settings while in there, under access point it gives me option to select one of following... always ask - internet - WAP services - uncategorised

sorry i probably sound really stupid, dont really know much about mobile internet :rolleyes:

Sorry yes, Vodafone ISP is what I ment.

When you're in the options for access point chose the "always ask" option. Then try and connect to a website and you'll get a popup list each time you connect for the first time. Pick Vodafone ISP there.

:/ i had tried this already, just tried again to be sure, no pop up, just the error again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Op have you tried the settings wizard on the phone?

Should be Menu > Settings > and then settings wizard.

It should ask you want to you want set up.

I would suggest:
    1. call Vodafone and ensure you are provisioned for data ISP APN
    2. try the SIM into another phone

Advertisement