Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new phone on o2, lost all numbers thanks to shop assistant grrr

• 18-08-2009 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

title says it all basically...

i got a new phone today because my old one broke, sim card was fine though, i was changing from o2 to meteor to get the phone i wanted.

like i told her to change to o2 from meteor keeping my no and not losing all my contacts

she kept my number BUT lost all my contacts . thanks CARPHONE WAREHOUSE WOMAN IN KILKENNY. GRRRRRRRRRRRR

she said that it would take a few hours for them to come, but its been like 6 hours and nothing...should i wait longer, or just resign to the fact they are gone, and start trying to get them again?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I don't understand what you mean by "she said it would take a few hours for them to come"?

Do you still have the old SIM? Does the old phone still turn on?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I find it hard to believe that she would not copy all the numbers from the phone to sim so no numbers got lost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

no old phone does not work anymore....
    all my numbers were saved on my meteor sim card...
    i thought she was going to put the numbers on the new sim card...i dont get it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

So your old phone does not power on?

Do you still have the meteor sim?

If you still have the old SIM card then you can go back into the shop and ask them to copy the contacts to your new SIM.

If you still have the old phone and it powers on go back in with that too and ask them to help you out.

• Advertisement

ehmmm would i have to go into the exact shop i bought the new phone in? or would any carphone warehouse or phone shop do?

Technically any shop is able to do it for you but it's more of a customer service exercise than anything else.

If you go back into the same shop and back to the same sales person you'll have the best chance. You could also pop into an O2 shop and ask if they can help you out as they would provide support for the network also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

do you think there is any chance of the numbers suddenly appearing no? like she said i was to wait a few hours and then i would have the numbers....
    like i did this before, got a new phone, changed from o2 to meteor, kept no and contacts...but this time i llost contacts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

aliqueenb wrote: »
    she kept my number BUT lost all my contacts . thanks CARPHONE WAREHOUSE WOMAN IN KILKENNY. GRRRRRRRRRRRR
    Meh, you try working minimum wage and giving a sh*t, I think you'll find that they're mutually exclusive activities.

• Advertisement

ehmm i have worked minimum wage in a supermarket before, and yes i did actually care.

grrr so why didnt they come up immediately?

aliqueenb wrote: »
    grrr so why didnt they come up immediately?
    Probably because they problem weren't copied properly.

What phone did you have? What phone do you have?

had sony ericsson w300i, now have lg GW520

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Just playing devils advocate here, but without knowing what exactly happened It's hard to come down hard on the sales assistant.

I mean for instance, was it a situation where your contacts were copied via a sim reader from old sim to new sim (I cant think of any other way a phone store would do this other than using a sim reader/copier) ?

If so, is it possible that your contacts were saved to phone memory on your broken Sony Ericsson, and therefore although the girl performed the sim procedure, it was futile, as there were few or no contacts on the sim for her to copy to your new sim?

If so, the contacts should still be on your old phone, and depending on the level of damage, should still be retrievable.

Just throwing it out there...

Regarding the 'couple of hours' comment, Im sure that related to the actual port to the new network, and not the contacts, but, as I've said, without knowing exactly what happened, one cant be sure.

Advertisement