Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wet look leggings

• 18-08-2009 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

what do you think of wet look legging what should i wear with them?
    shoes top jacket i like the leather look jacket penneys has them what do you think of them?
    please include photo/picture its for a night time look going clubbing
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

I think they were a fad that has already passed. They are not flattering to the legs. If you really want to wear them I would keep the rest of the outfit plain and certainly not shiny. Just a plain black dress and black platforms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭SuperTyper

How about this look....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I like what the above user has posted, it's nice and simple so I'd say go for something to that effect. Also, if you're gonna wear 'em, I think avoiding Penney's is a good idea. A more expensive will look better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 kathycork

i agree with above poster, dont get cheap ones, try and get leather look ones cos the wet look are very tacky, and keep the outfit plain, jersey or cotton fabric and plain colours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

kathycork wrote: »
    i agree with above poster, dont get cheap ones, try and get leather look ones cos the wet look are very tacky, and keep the outfit plain, jersey or cotton fabric and plain colours

Totally agree..I recommend American Apparel wet look leggings..they're great quality

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

any real leather leggings around?or skinny leather pants id prefer to get a real leather pair

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭miles teg

any real leather leggings around?or skinny leather pants id prefer to get a real leather pair

http://www.asos.com/Vila/Vila-Skinny-Leather-Trouser/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=511516#parentID=-1&pge=0&pgeSize=20&sort=-1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

they can work but most people that I've seen don't pull them off. I wouldn't go with a leather look jacket with them anyway, too much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 claire_m

leather legggins for Xmas party ... this my dilemma ? too much or acceptable for an office party ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Grand if you've got the legs for them, keep the top simple and you'll be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭wattsusieq

claire_m wrote: »
    leather legggins for Xmas party ... this my dilemma ? too much or acceptable for an office party ?

I wore them to my christmas party. Its perfectly acceptable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 claire_m

thanks for the advice girls ....all went well but guys are crazy about them:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

claire_m wrote: »
    thanks for the advice girls ....all went well but guys are crazy about them:eek:

Quite rightly. They are fantastic when worn with the right clothes.

Advertisement