Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning SF3

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

my xbox is dead #:(

Placebo wrote: »
    cant find any threads about this
    does anyone want a few games

its called http://supercade.net now
    takes few sec to register

http://supercade.net

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

There's always the anyone for games thread.
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055774068

I can't get supercade to work but ill give you a blast in GGPO if you fancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

can get 2df to work anymore.
    Dont have internet explorer on my pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

u can get plugin for mozilla

net frame work assistant
    and this
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=AB99342F-5D1A-413D-8319-81DA479AB0D7&displaylang=en

check sites help section

sorry dan, thought that was for sf4 only

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Placebo wrote: »
    sorry dan, thought that was for sf4 only

Just don't let it happen again :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

As far as 3s goes I'm more than happy to help anyone with their game. Hit me up anytime

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Orim wrote: »
    - cr.RH seems to safe enough to throw out irregularly and go for the juggle, which seem to Dudleys bread 'n' butter
    - The QCF + Punch are unsafe on block
    - QCB + Kick are unsafe on block except for the EX version
    - What the hell is QCB + P?
    - His anti-airs are cr.HP/st.MK/Dragon Punch/SAI? (Speaking of which I believe this is his best SA?)

I've also messed around with his juggles but I'm finding the timing really weird to figure out whats possible. If anyone has any B'n'Bs I could work from I'd appreciate it.

Any comments/advise would be great.

-cr.RH is great when used right in mixups, like you said, irregularly. It's really a 50/50 but not in its own sense with the parry system. It's easy to see and people who abuse pay the price (easy to see it coming from a predictable player, a down parried cr.RH from Dudley is game over) All about conditioning your opponent

-Right, the MGBs are all unsafe on block and should never be used outside of combos (only practical versions are EX for combo launch and jab for juggles) (oh also the input is HCF + P :) )

- All are safe afaik (all 0 frame on block), but even without knowing the frame data experience tells me they are fine on block. EX can be easily red parried. Again this move shouldn't ever be used in block strings (maybe as a surprise tactic), it's best used to punish whiff throws (because unlike SFIV this move is actually amazing for doing this)

E.G ; Say I like to do st.rh xx ducking (HCF + K), throw, with Dudley, as a throw setup. If instead of a throw I do HCB + K, my opponents throw tech attempt while whiff and I get a free hit or even free super if you can react

-HCB + P is cross counter, a move which puts Dudley in a defensive stance, and when he is hit with a move he launches a counter attack of his own. It's absolutely ****, don't bother with it. He can be thrown out of it. Silly move

-Best AA with dudley ; cr.HP, st.RH (can cancel to ducking for pressure), st.mk if they're close enough, fierce/ex jet upper

Looking into air to airs might help too ; Dudley has some great air to air moves which set the opponent up for good reset combos with super. j.Fierce and j.strong are his best imo, will beat a lot of moves if caught early (while the opponent is falling, if you can quickly do ducking xx super, go for it, they will need to parry to get out of it! :pac: )

Super as AA is terrible, might work against someone who can't parry, but why bother wasting meter when you have much much better options at your disposal :)

Juggling timing is different in 3s than it is IV, it took me a bit to adjust. Dudley's main combo launcher is EX MGB along with cr.RH and can only NC from a st.RH, so st.RH is your best friend for a lot of reasons (best meter builder, allows for EX MGB juggles, and is overall a decent footsie tool)

Midscreen, you'll be looking to do (after a EX MGB or cr.RH) ; MK ducking, K, (can cancel to super), mk ducking, P (can also cancel to super). Without super these combos still work fine

More strict combo midscreen, and which is meterless, is to try this (after launch)(can be done consistently with training) ; jab MGB, walk forward, f+mk xx fierce jet upper

In corner it's pretty much the same, apart from one or two things. In corner after a launch you can do a few jab MGBs if your timing is decent. Two is probably best as trying anymore will cause a reset unless your spot on. After two jab MGB you can try lk short swing blow, xx super, or the ender stated above ; walk, towards + mk xx jet upper

Experiment and see what you find, it all takes training :)
    Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Corkscrew blow is his best SA for comboing into, QCB+P is a counter move, it sucks, don't use it, not sure about the rest.

As for BnBs Dudley's combos are almost all character-specific target combos so good look with that. :pac:

- Not true. SA1 is equally just as deadly as SA3 for comboing. On some characters if you time it wrong midscreen, SA1 will switch sides and whiff. It can be avoided though. SA1 is just as deadly in corner as it's a guaranteed juggle and sets up for a perfect rose mixup

-I don't understand this part of your post :confused:

As you guys know I'm up for some GGPO anytime if anyone wants some games just let me know too

Advertisement