Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT Calc from Emissions Spec

Options
  • 18-08-2009 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi everyone,

I'm researching importing a car from Northern Ireland or the UK and of course what the VRT would be. The car in question is a BMW 320d M sport touring. When I go to the revenue site VRT calculator the lowest emissions level is 148g/km. However if I check the car spec on the SIMI site it quotes the emissions at 131g/km. The difference in VRT is nearly €1000!

Has anyone any experience of proving a lower emissions spec than the revenue figures?

Many Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

The emmissions will be on the v5 doc you get when you buy the car from the dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yes the Co2 emissions will be listed on the V5 document. That is what the VRO will go by.

What year is the 320d you are looking at? Those emmissions on the SIMI site could be for the 320d with Dynamic Efficency which was introduced from late 2007. This engine has 177bhp and a lower Co2 rating of 128g/km as opposed to the older engine which has 163bhp and a Co2 rating of 153g/km.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭robbie99

VEHICLE REGISTRATION TAX (VRT) ENQUIRY
    Vehicle Registration Tax (VRT) Calculation. CO2 emissions input by Revenue.
    DATE: 19 August 2009 TIME: 00:07

STATISTICAL CODE: 40986649
    MAKE: BMW
    MODEL: 320 E91
    VERSION: D E91 M SPORT TOURING / ESTATE / MANUAL / DIESEL /
    CO2 EMISSIONS: 131
    MILEAGE: 15000 MILES
    DATE OF FIRST REGISTRATION: JANUARY 2008

OPEN MARKET SELLING PRICE: €31097
    RATE OF TAX: 16%
    VEHICLE REGISTRATION TAX:
    (payable on enquiry date) €4975