Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby Game

Options
  • 18-08-2009 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,419 ✭✭✭✭

What do you want to see in the new rugby playstation 3 game.

I think they will release one next year.

I would like to see

All the international teams to be Offical
    All Club teams to be offical

To include Offical Club Chamionships- The Heineken Cup, The Challenge Cup, Magners League, Super 14, Guiness Premership, Top 14.
    Six Nations,Tri Nations and the World Cup.

New International mode where you will be able to play and manage an international team and play the Six nations/Tri Nations/Summer Tests/Autumn Tests and World Cup Games.

British and Irish Lions and Barbarians Feature

Club Career Mode.

Online Modes

More Stadiums

Your Opinions ????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Sorry but read below
    "Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

I am sorry but currently we have no information about a new Rugby game being under development. We recommend that you keep visiting the official site for the particular game in question. Official sites offer exciting features such as tips & hints, downloads, message boards, various languages, tentative release dates, newsletters, as well as support.

The official site for each "current" EA title may be found at either http://easports.ea.com/ (for sports titles) or at http://eagames.ea.com/ (for all other titles). Also, for a complete list of games available through EA.com, please visit: http://www.ea.com/home/home.jsp?all#sort.

To provide EA with comments and suggestions on currently released or future scheduled titles, please click on this link - http://ea.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php

Your feedback is greatly valuable to us and will be compiled and forwarded to the teams responsible for the specific title you've commented on. Please be advised that due to the volume of interest and feedback, we will not be able to personally respond to every email. However, please be assured that your comments and input will be routed to the appropriate team.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Thomas
    EA Support Centre, UK and Ireland
    http://electronicarts.co.uk
    http://electronicarts.ie"

• Registered Users Posts: 38,419 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Bummer lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Pity but...
    What do you want to see in the new rugby playstation 3 game.
    Get rid of all the tassles and stuff and concentrate on improving the actual gameplay... with the current version, especially scrums and mauls which just seem to be move a few metres in either direction based on a random number.

Oh and replace commentary with the players and ref shouting at each other, realistically. It's supposed to be a simulation of the actual game, not watching it on telly. Realistic crowds might be nice too (i.e. fewer people at smaller matches), all this is good for the atmosphere of the game

I couldn't give a sh*** about all the official this and that or whether it's called the Heineken Cup or the European Trophy or whatever, the format is the same so who cares? Or official stadium names or player names or faces... If they could forget about that and they used the money they saved on licensing to develop the game itself a bit better, I'd be much happier.

A decent management thing or club progression thing would be good though, and online play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Re release Jonah Lomu for the Playstation.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The opponent AI must be improved in EA's next Rugby game.

Rugby 08 was terrible for opposition kicking to touch and not gaining any ground, not offloading enough, always taking drop goals and always giving away penalties as second rows were offside in line-outs.

Oh, and the freezes in the substitution screen!

Full licenses are vital: ML, GP, Top 14, Heineken Cup.

The Currie Cup and ANZ Cup would be class to have.

They should definitely throw in online features and Create-A-League.

• Advertisement

I bring news
    Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 11:22:24 +0100
    Subject: Rugby video game update

Hi all,

thanks for all the signatures.
    http://www.petition.fm/

I got some inside info on the state of the EA rugby games.

The reality is they found the game rather complex to produce. This effected the quality of the gameplay and EA themselves weren't happy with it.
    Financially they didn't make their money back on the game so future projects got postponed.
    As suspected this was due to the amount of video gaming rugby fans.

They are looking into producing one for the world cup 2011 although this is not definite.
    The good news is that the head of EA is a rugby fan and is determined that a rugby game should be made.
    If a game is produced it will definitely be online.

Hope to meet all of you online someday for a game of rugby.

All the best

James

Such a crap excuse the only reason they are saying it's too hard to code is because HB studios are ridiculously bad at producing any sort of complicated game.

Anyway if i was to make it id have proper physics ala Madden's momentum mechanic. Have player models that are in proportion to their stats, a 5,6 SH weighing 80kgs looked the same as a 6,4 130KG prop in game which annoyed me.

Passing would need to be fixed and the ability to make a player off the ball to run a certain line onto a ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Rugby has never been more popular but according to them there's not enough rugby gamers!!!

I call Bull****. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Agree with the AI issue, played Rugby 08 I think it was, managed to break from my own half, sidestep everyone, go into the try area, loop back around to the 22, beat everyone again and scored under the post.

I think due to the fairly complecated nature and rules etc of Rugby it would be quite difficult to produce a realistic and sound game, a Rugby management game on the otherhand would be quite interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

jonnybadd wrote: »
    I think due to the fairly complecated nature and rules etc of Rugby it would be quite difficult to produce a realistic and sound game, a Rugby management game on the otherhand would be quite interesting.

I totally disagree with you. If they can make a very good american football game like madden 10 which has more rules in it then rugby then they should be able to make a rugby game of similar quality.

Essentially it does boil down to market and because you are cutting out America and Asia (because of little or no interest) its not worth it for EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

But while american football does have a more complicated rule set, the gameplay is stop-start, and doesn't flow in the way rugby does. With Madden you have offence and defence, you can pass the ball once or run it. You choose the play before the game starts, with a rugby game everything is in real time, I can see it being far more difficult to programme.

But I see you're point, Rugby just won't bring in the money Madden or any sports franchise does and its a pity, I would love to see a rugby game true to the sport and fun to play but I just don't think its possible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭liam09

i want to see more improvements better grapihic more relatic play and phiscal

Rugby league game being brought out for the Wii due to financial reasons, from the sounds of it it does sound decent.

http://www.rugbyleague3.com/

Id say that if people think their should be a Union game they should contact the publishers as they seem to have a decent wade of cash on them
    support@trublu.com.au.

Advertisement